Game-Labs Forum

Cannot get discord overlay working in naval action? Has anybody got it to work?

Destraex

Discord is my voice coms program of choice. It is modern and has great voice quality and skype like noise reduction and cancellation. Great for people like me that use desk mics.

The overlay is fairly early and does not work well with most games yet. I am having trouble getting it to work with naval action.

My question is really about what .exe or other things to make administrator as this seems to help with some games. I can get the overlay to work in about 10 of my other games.

I have made the three main .exe files administrator but that has not worked yet.

I have also noticed that the steam SHIFT TAB does not work in naval action but works in all other games.

Yep. You were right. Works with the X86 version of the client. 

Now I am wondering how much performance I lose with X86. I imagine RAM is limited.

Why are you at a loopback location? You should not be able to communicate with anything :P

Kudos Kanay! See you in game...

I am a solo guy not in clans and such but not narcissistic enough to communicate with myself only :P 

The new UI might fix the x64 issue they said on the thread linked, as for the performances i did not noticed any FPS drops with x68 version, but tested only once quickly, not in a big battle and did not tried to monitor fully the pc to see if it had a real impact on RAM used or elsewhere. 

I imagine if the RAM never needs to go over a total of 4gig including what the OS is using it would be ok. 

Might chug in larger battles... and I want to keep those. So maybe I will just put up with no overlay for a while.

We have some blokes though from other game channels that love to jump in and listen without saying hi. Maybe that works for larger TS clans.

But I like people to at least announce themselves as I consider it rude to just "spy" so to speak. Like hiding behind a wall in the next room and listening we might be talking about personal things. Like how to go to the toilet on a ship :P

The overlay allows me to see who has joined without alt tabbing.

Reality is it's not that harmful but I like to be aware of who is around when I am talking. Because we are a really close clan that generally know each other well and in real life a lot of the time even when they are from other game channels.