Game-Labs Forum

Apologies from a French Catpain

Sire Trinkof

Hello ! 

I wished to apologies to Dutch Cap, who were involved in fights near cariacou tonight . [EDIT : PVP1]
I was initailly coming to help french thrid rate being engaged just near the town, I was sailing in a Belle Poule, we managed to fight , and get them out safely, just after we engaged some Dutch frigates (there was approximatly 15-20 player in the area from both sides) 

I had social perk, ... and no french came, they all ran to port, leaving us willing to fight alone. Until the last 30 minutes, dutch players came ... no french joined .... even if we had the upper hand regarding number of ships in a 30 seconds time frame from cariacou ... what a joke.... 

Anyway, I wish to apologies to the dutch player around, I have been very sarcastic (no insult though, not my type :) ) and not nice in battle chat, while I should have been more agreesve in the french national chat instead. This was a nice fight, could have been just awesome and balanced if the french in the area came ...

Had a fight just after with some other dutch, (inger and frigate ) which was nice also, and I saw that social perk can be  AWFUL ... or just awesome (allowing for reinforcements and driving battle into madness) 

I had some great fun with the dutch and brit players around, began to like social perk as it can really bring havoc and make battle much more unpredicatble, 

My apologies for the sarcastic words told to my opponent, I was too angry at the french nation to be rational :) 

See you on the seas, S! 

Edited by Sire Trinkof
  • Like 3

Now you see the drawback side of the social perk some of us were talking about in another thread. It's only dangerous when willing reinforcements are in the area. When they are not it helps your enemies more if they have willing reinforcements. So you can be both boon or bane to your own team mates if you elect to spend the three points to get the perk.

Further, once the perks stabilize, you will become known for having the perk. Lists will be created and enemies will learn to target that player specifically when they want the 30min timer and target others when they don't. Essentially borrowing the perk from you. I suspect when the perk can no longer be swapped without three levels lost to the officer few players will sail with the social perk on. They will likely put it on tagging Alts that they only bring out for controlled occasions.

Now you see the drawback side of the social perk some of us were talking about in another thread. It's only dangerous when willing reinforcements are in the area. When they are not it helps your enemies more if they have willing reinforcements. So you can be both boon or bane to your own team mates if you elect to spend the three points to get the perk.

Further, once the perks stabilize, you will become known for having the perk. Lists will be created and enemies will learn to target that player specifically when they want the 30min timer and target others when they don't. Essentially borrowing the perk from you. I suspect when the perk can no longer be swapped without three levels lost to the officer few players will sail with the social perk on. They will likely put it on tagging Alts that they only bring out for controlled occasions.

After the all evening, I like it more than what we had before :) 

Messy unpredicatble .... fun sometime, raging somtime ... but at least people fight because they belive reinforcement might come ... I saw less run and hide, boring battle as usual :) Yes sometime, you are on the wrong side of the perk ... that's the game

• Like 2