Game-Labs Forum

Grouping in formation

Killflap

At the game guide there is a point where a grouped formation makes an automatic front line. I can not make that work! Is there anywhere a better description or a how to video? 

thx

Grouping in formation: If you want your selected units to deploy in a formation:

1. Select your units

2. Holding Ctrl key, right click on any position of the map

3. While pressing right mouse button, Rotate the mouse to give to the formation the desired facing

The devs said they were working on a video.

Meanwhile, i use this all the time so you must be hitting the wrong key.

1. select your units. I always use the box to select the ones i want. You see them highlighted in green if they not routed. if they are routed you cant select them

2. now hold down ctrl and while holding it down right click on the map where you want your troops to form and hold that right click. You see a whole mess of brigade boxes, 1 per unit selected appear just where you clicked on the screen

3. wiggle your mouse a bit (don't let go of that right click) and you rotate your troops formation

4. a whole mess of lines comes on the screen showing where they are all marching too

At the game guide there is a point where a grouped formation makes an automatic front line. I can not make that work! Is there anywhere a better description or a how to video? 

thx

Grouping in formation: If you want your selected units to deploy in a formation:

1. Select your units
2. Holding Ctrl key, right click on any position of the map
3. While pressing right mouse button, Rotate the mouse to give to the formation the desired facing

Some additional infos:

2. If it is done correctly, when you right click you will see the trails of the formation (the brigades destination). You can release now Ctrl but you have to hold right click until the end of the process.

3. Holding right click move your mouse clockwise (or counter-clock) until the formation gets the desired facing. Release the right click, brigades will start to advance at the assigned positions.

Thanks for all the tips I found on moving elements.   I am playing better by using them.

I have one question for you much more experienced Corp commanders.   When I use the range command it implements the range to the tagged unit,  but as soon as that unit moves it does not again reinstitute range unless I go back and do it.   Is this the way it was intended to work?  and would you not want a unit to shadow another enemy unit to keep it in range?