Game-Labs Forum

The definitive Pricing Guide

Skully

I've added the 10% in each column. Ah crock, it also has the original 5%... I need to redo this completely into a proper resale tax thing. Doh! :wacko:

Removed tax from the Resource and Consumption columns. Added the 10% retail tax to the other columns as opposed to the 5% sales tax. I hope that fixes it. :)

Ah i just read the wrong colums... it fits with your high resource prices. Fraction of lh is pretty low for medkits.

81.5 hours is the cumulative number of hours needed to craft 1 Medkit Large.

(120 * 0.2 (Food Supplies) + 30 * 0.5833 (Rum) + 0 (Tobacco) + 40 (Medkit Large) = 81.5)

Again there is wickedness because you can choose different strategies for Rum. :)

You should include a guide for lh, because thats what people are struggling with. Whats the value of your lh, how do you estimate it, how is demand and supply for ships affecting it. Its nice to know the resource cost for mats and ships, but thats usually the smaller fraction.

We can do a complete economics thesis on labor hours and their role in this game. :D

I'll save it up for another topic, because there is no solid formula that dictates the price/hour.

Another small suggestion, maybe arrange ships in their classes and for increasing amount of lh. Would make it easier to compare similar ships.

I'll see what I can do in my next update. I need to check whether I can easily read out the ship class number.

81.5 hours is the cumulative number of hours needed to craft 1 Medkit Large.(120 * 0.2 (Food Supplies) + 30 * 0.5833 (Rum) + 0 (Tobacco) + 40 (Medkit Large) = 81.5)

I know :) Just saying that 81.5 is pretty litte for something with that high resource value. Ratio of lh count and resource cost is about 5 times different for carriages for example.

We can do a complete economics thesis on labor hours and their role in this game. :D

I'll save it up for another topic, because there is no solid formula that dictates the price/hour.

You cant dictate it while you cant dictate market prices, but you can calculate it for actual market prices. Depending where you are in the chain of ship production, the highest valuable ships are dictating your price/lh. You dont need a formula, the market tells you.

If your tool is able to read out the market prices for everything, you could add a column for lh prices. The results would be pretty funny right now, but as a shipbuilder it would tell you what materials are currently overpriced, depending on the ship you are going to build, and what ships would provide most profit in general.

Your math is correct, but the calculation is wrong. :)

It is implemented as a cascading sales tax. So every time a commodity changes hands through a contract 5% is added.

I have gone to the extreme in which I simply say that each step is done through different hands. (It is a MMO after all. :P )

So an Iron Ingot is 1 Coal $23/p + 1 Iron Ore $149/p = $179/p.

Through contracts: $24.15 + $156.45 = $180.60 + 5% = $189.63

Hence sales tax is never used anymore. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value-added_tax#Comparison_with_sales_tax

It accumulates too fast if the supply lines goes over too many hands.

I've added the 10% in each column. Ah crock, it also has the original 5%... I need to redo this completely into a proper resale tax thing. Doh! :wacko:

Consumption prices are prices offered by clan "AI" in consuming ports. In essence if you put up a contract in a (consuming) port at that price you can be almost guaranteed delivery (by a smart trader). You don't need to go EU trader at all.

It isn't really correct to apply the cascading effect here for ships, it's just another 5% added on the top of the 5% and 10% for no real purpose, it doesn't reflect correctly the cost price for making those things.

Those 5% more should only be applied if you buy resources with a contract, transform them into parts and then sale the produced stuff with a sell contract created by yourself, which isn't always the case, it only inflate the prices here, especially not needed when estimating what a ship cost me to do, why add 5% on produced stuff on the top of it if it goes into making a ship and not selling parts with a sell contract on shop ?

This ends up with a very high tax % applied on a ship that does not reflect the production price value.

There should be default price, then price with buy contract fee for mats , then price with buy and sale contract fee for parts only,

for ships it will be default resources prices, then resources + 5% fee, and then price with 5% fee for resources bought with contract and + 10% fee applied on the total for the shop to have a correct value of what it cost a player to do a ship in most cases, the additional 5% you add doesn't fit here for ships.

For example a 3rd rate like in your list, without frame parts :

- At NPC default lowest price for mats : 188078

- At default prices + 5% fee on resources used : 197481.9

- At default prices + 5% fee on resources used + 10% applied on this total for the shop fee : 217230.09

217230.09 vs your 240264.80 listed for this ship, yours ends up with a price 10.60% superior to the real value.

217230.09 is the ship real production price at which i have to base my selling price to start make some benefit on his sell . (Well... i need to include frame parts price + LH's cost on this but it's another thing :P )

Also i just tested and noticed that for a buy contract you don't need anymore to add +1 gold to the default value, not sure since when this is applied but it used to not work, if default price was at 75 you add to put a contract at 76 or the NPC wasn't serving your contract but pilling up mats in his storage instead, i did not used much contracts recently, I pilled up a lot of mats lasts months and not crafting much anymore since ships prices market are so low that it isn't worth the hassle to loose cash in the end, i should probably be fine until the server wipe with all mats i collected, maybe beside a very few i'll have to complete, so yeah i didn't tried recently and don't know since when this change was made, will try your consumption prices listed for a test too when i'll have time, no need of mats but i'll give a try for raw ones, thanks.

Your story highlights perfectly why the 5% contract cost is bad for the open market. As you say "if you buy resources with a contract".

So what is the best option in that regard? Hold the full production line in-house. Do not go over open market, do not pay 5% for any step.

The price guide only shows what happens if every step goes through open market. The actual tax you pay might be somewhere in between. But again, the price guide does not dictate any strategy, it just provides information.

Edited by Skully

For example a 3rd rate like in your list, without frame parts :

- At NPC default lowest price for mats : 188078

- At default prices + 5% fee on resources used : 197481.9

- At default prices + 5% fee on resources used + 10% applied on this total for the shop fee : 217230.09

217230.09 vs your 240264.80 listed for this ship, yours ends up with a price 10.60% superior to the real value.

217230.09 is the ship real production price at which i have to base my selling price to start make some benefit on his sell . (Well... i need to include frame parts price + LH's cost on this but it's another thing :P )

All three numbers equal 200k for me :P

If you want to be that precise you also cant calculate with 5% and 10%.

If you want to sell a ship for 2mio, adding 10% equals 2.2mio. If you put it on sale for 2.2mio your fee will be 220k, you sold for 1.98mio. To sell for 2mio you have to add 11.11%. For resources its 5.26%.

So what is the best option in that regard? Hold the full production line in-house. Do not go over open market, do not pay 5% for any step.

The best option is to craft nothing yourself other than ships ;)

All three numbers equal 200k for me :P

If you want to be that precise you also cant calculate with 5% and 10%.

If you want to sell a ship for 2mio, adding 10% equals 2.2mio. If you put it on sale for 2.2mio your fee will be 220k, you sold for 1.98mio. To sell for 2mio you have to add 11.11%. For resources its 5.26%.

True, i used to add 11,111085% or so for ships, never bothered to add more than 5% on my maths for mats as not selling much of them tho   :P

I know :) Just saying that 81.5 is pretty litte for something with that high resource value. Ratio of lh count and resource cost is about 5 times different for carriages for example.

Ah, yes now I see. I have no clue what the reasoning behind those numbers are. Maybe a guess at how labor intensive it is to create the item?

So unless we know the reasoning, they are just numbers. Numbers can't be wrong by themselves. :)

You cant dictate it while you cant dictate market prices, but you can calculate it for actual market prices. Depending where you are in the chain of ship production, the highest valuable ships are dictating your price/lh. You dont need a formula, the market tells you.

Here is a shot at it: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16031-august-23rd-1717-labor-offerings/:)