Game-Labs Forum

Fixing Longevity

Making the game more diverse and long living for a Rear Admiral.

Fog of war the Map so ports don't show up until explored the area.  Webpages etc will give the locations etc anyway but at least then there is a bit of mystery when you hear about places you havent explored and they open up an webpage to look it up......

Get explorer points for going to ports - encourages getting out your own ports and adventuring near the front lines.  Explore a whole area get another bonus to xp..yucatan, new spain, haiti, panama etc.

X number of explorer points = explorer rank - gets a static amount of XP and small speed increase in areas you have explored in 7th rates ( call 7ths explorers/couriers. )

Carrot waved around by having multiple ranking system.  Crafting,Grinding,Fame, Trade & Courier should all have their own ranks.

Trade should be on profit made and # of tonnes shipped in combo while on a trade mission  Point a->b with this much stuff....encourages trade ships....higher rank better prices and extra space/more flags protection...they can tell your not of their country when in close but from a variable distance you look like a non contraband local trader......you need to hide names on trader ships.  Block conquest flags from trader ships to assist in this

Courier rank would be like traders but set delivery stuff like messages between ports asking for mats etc.    If someone captures an Explorer they get a special Flag on a PVP trader moving between those locations the courier was going to which they can engage.  this fleet when captured with the person in group and battle get a bonus, say 100K gold if they do it in a set environment...Fleet of 4+ maybe i don't know yet as you could exploit it.   Creates a new rank system a focus on capping PVP traders and encourages again exploration.Use conquest flag system to signify Couriers

Crafting - ships = lvl no BPs but number of ships created = lvl...subcrafting shouldn't get XP IMO.  Craftin 7/6/5 for trade and crafting people essential.

Build in durability in ships......7ths & 6s. distance sailed. 

get rid of duros - Its bad design IMO

Change your orders system to be

Search and destroy = Fleet sized scaling missions / Fleets - why is this 2 things...build a better BR balancing system and make it work - Mirror the fleet and add  a percentage of the top ranked ship against..  ie 5 ships in get 7 ships against, 10 ships in get 14 against.  % versions just scal up the lowest ranked ship to a bigger.

Trade Mission = Ship X amount of this From A to B or This from B to A .  set a flag..trade mission.. can either do multiple runs  (can be hit by courier caught mission above)

Courier Mission = Take this message from A to B informing of upcoming trade fleet.  Spawn a Trade fleet that is only seen by that player or anyone that captures him which he has to beat there.

Edited by Fastidius
  • Like 2

Fog of war the Map so ports don't show up until explored the area.  Webpages etc will give the locations etc anyway but at least then there is a bit of mystery when you hear about places you havent explored and they open up an webpage to look it up......

Travel can take hours and map is mostly empty space and water. People would not feel mystery, people would feel agonizing pain and wouldcheck web-maps for the basic functionality and ability to play. The game is hard for people with limited time as is.

higher rank better prices 

It's a player driven economy. By giving % bonus gold you can create infinity money making loops.

Courier rank would be like traders but set delivery stuff like messages between ports asking for mats etc.    If someone captures an Explorer they get a special Flag on a PVP trader moving between those locations the courier was going to which they can engage.  this fleet when captured with the person in group and battle get a bonus, say 100K gold if they do it in a set environment...Fleet of 4+ maybe i don't know yet as you could exploit it.   Creates a new rank system a focus on capping PVP traders and encourages again exploration.Use conquest flag system to signify Couriers

You have a quest. Now go on with steps 2 through 99 to have a reason of including another ranking grind.

Crafting - ships = lvl no BPs but number of ships created = lvl...subcrafting shouldn't get XP IMO.  Craftin 7/6/5 for trade and crafting people essential.

I agree... I think. I cannot tell if you're trying to present an opinion or contact alien overlords. If you're trying to present an opinion, please, do take your time.

Build in durability in ships......7ths & 6s. distance sailed. 

As above. I have no idea what is the message.

get rid of duros - Its bad design IMO

There are dozens of pages of discussions about that. You should not be surprised when I say your "insight" does not outweigh them by the means of reason.

---------------------------- <- Bottom line is this - if you want to make a proposal, take your time.

If you ever played corsairs it had a paper map with the outline of the coastlines and islands, you had no idea what was there till you explored there, was a nice feature for revealing the map, i guess kind of like WOW did with their maps years later, you got experience for uncovering sections of the map, ive always like exploration and maybe having Barks like Captains Cook Endeavour going on a missions to discover and plot down ports and coastlines with what resources were available, you would need to load up with provisions to explore vast distances and claim ports that were undiscovered and build them up with traders to expand and maintain, maybe even native tribes in areas that can resupply cheaper and maybe exotic items for good cash.

Let the Age of Exploration run wild with people everywhere