Game-Labs Forum

My only wish/suggestion for this gem

ChuckB

Hi,

I immediately purchased UGG when it came available as early access on Steam and I'm very impressed on how it's developing so far.

The only wish/suggestion I have --and which would be very important for me-- is a slider to change the overall speed of the game, at least in single player. I know that a lot of people enjoy fast RTS but for me, it takes away a lot of the enjoyment, as the game sometimes becomes a "clickfest" where fast reaction can be more important than a sound strategy and good execution, which, IMHO, short sells the great AI of the game.

Being able to reduce speed (speeding it further up would not be important for me) would be a great option to have.

Thanks for listening!

Chuck

• Like 2

^^+1 I agree, as it is now 1 minute in the game is (~8 seconds). Speed Choices/Game lenght in options(single player)1 for people that like the
game as it is(i.e. Normal speed). Than others that would like the game slower. It would be nice to have 1 minute =(~15 seconds even ~20 seconds).

Multiplayer I believe would have to be fixed to a time(Normal speed).

This would lengthen out the battle so it isn't a chore just to manage one's game/units.
I.e. My experience so far means, Rushing/scrolling around battle field(click fest)for me when in full battle, Losing track of units,
this one halt, no fallback ...ahhh sh*t missed that units progression, now there in full retreat, crap.. I'm being flanked on my left,  

must move artillery batteries back/forward, etc. etc.

It takes artillery ~1 minute to reload/fire in game. That's close to normal IRL/ACW.

I have had moments of getting a bit frustrated with what I'm seeing/feeling as being unduly rushed
at time's trying to manage my Battle. This is a game that calls for ongoing battle planning to a certain degree.
There are people that like the speed the way it is, that's great for them. But choices with this(game speed), and other
options leads to being more player friendly/enjoyable.

I am new to this type of game, a RTS. Longevity of this game any game for that matter is ease of understanding,
interest/enjoyment. It also means getting a constant volume of new players to buy n like it
to spread the news of UG:G being a Great/Enjoyable game.

This in itself goes a long way in having new content added/Champaign's/other period battles.
If its financially worth/profitable enough to continue for Devs.

I see in the steam forum's like here this has come up a few times also (Game speed).....

Totally agree!

If you are selling this game on realism and authenticity, you can NOT have the troops running around like Keystone Cops!

I have seen a lot of replays of this game, and the only thing that prevents me from buying this, is the unrealistic fast moving-speed of the troops.

That high speed prevents any kind of real tactics and real strategy in the game, so for me it is a deal-breaker.

Please make game-speed an variable option in the game,- it would make people like me, that wants more realism, buy the game  :)

Cheers, 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The issue is still under consideration. We have to run a series of tests to see how the adjustable speed will affect the gameplay (AI, melee, etc.) but this can be done after we finish fine tuning of the game to complete the EA period.

Thanks for the reply.

With a more realistic movement-speed for the troops, this could become an awesome game, where you actually could use real strategy & tactics.

Right now the game is more of a click-fest of constantly moving soldiers all over the map, breaking and recovering at breakneck speed.

With all the effort and research that has gone into this game, it would be a real shame if it ended up like just another arcade game, using click-and-rush tactics.

The successful mods that you guys developed for the Total War series, was all about making the games more realistic and give a better gaming-experience,- please don't repeat CA's mistakes in this game, trying to cater to the twitch-crowd that won't buy your game anyway...

Cheers,   

Thanks for the reply.

With a more realistic movement-speed for the troops, this could become an awesome game, where you actually could use real strategy & tactics.

Right now the game is more of a click-fest of constantly moving soldiers all over the map, breaking and recovering at breakneck speed.

With all the effort and research that has gone into this game, it would be a real shame if it ended up like just another arcade game, using click-and-rush tactics.

The successful mods that you guys developed for the Total War series, was all about making the games more realistic and give a better gaming-experience,- please don't repeat CA's mistakes in this game, trying to cater to the twitch-crowd that won't buy your game anyway...

Cheers,   

Rush ? 

The game is relativly slow. I don't know if it's according with realistic movement but It's look like. 

Can you tell me the scale of the map and the speed march for troops ?

Because for talking about realism, it's basic.

Anyway it's according with its gameplay. Because that speed is its gameplay itself. So it could be a part of its offer.

In fact your just request less a speed regulator than a pause touch, may be ?

Don't misunderstood, i respect all opinion, and just try to understand in open discuss.

I guess it's because there's no full view, and map navigation give a sensation to loose control and information momentarily.

Theres differents gameplay for RTS. And theres lots of, or Real time is confused with turn by turn.

If you use to play like it, UGG is is a little different.

Theres some of, with more high speed movement, and that speed is taking by its tactical challenge.

Its just a discuss. What did you think about ?