Game-Labs Forum

crew by rank

whats the point in being rear admiral with 1100 crew if when I have a victory with masctercrafft hammocks and only get to use 935 crew. Even with gold hammocks I only get 956 crew to man the ship and still unable to man sails and guns alone fully.

why not either take the amount of crew out of the rank or give us the ability to use all the crew on the ship.

One simple reason, you cant pop 1100 men on a lynx or a cutter.

The base value of crew is based on the IRL compliment, so if you take the santisima it will get close to the 1100 with its crew of 1050

understand you cant put 1100 men on a lynx, but if I have 1100 crew by rank then I should be able to FULLY man the sails and guns onboard a lynx. Victory is 850 crew, I have 1100 and Im still short being able to fully crew guns and sails even with mastercraft hamocks by more than 100 crew.

with 1100 crew I should be able to man fully both stations on a victory, even with all med cannons gun crew is 868 and sails are 200 crew to man.

understand you cant put 1100 men on a lynx, but if I have 1100 crew by rank then I should be able to FULLY man the sails and guns onboard a lynx. Victory is 850 crew, I have 1100 and Im still short being able to fully crew guns and sails even with mastercraft hamocks by more than 100 crew.

with 1100 crew I should be able to man fully both stations on a victory, even with all med cannons gun crew is 868 and sails are 200 crew to man.

Victory historically is fully crewed with 850 crew, that's what 850 is the max (without crew space/hammocks)

There's a difference between being "fully crewed" and being able to fully man everything without any penalties.