Game-Labs Forum

Least favourite division to play as?

The cavalry videttes, skirmishers, mounted cavalry, and cavalry artillery.

These units are implemented with attributes that are historically inaccurate and anachronistic to the point that they undermine the game and the ACW entertainment experience.

I'd love an option to be able to turn off the Videttes and skirmishers.

Better yet have a historical option where Buford's brigade could be deployed corrects as two dismounted cavalry brigades.

Caldwell's is a pain to use. The units aren't poor quality but with such small numbers they loose effectiveness far too quickly. On Day 2 I use them as a reserve since Longstreet and Hill can chew them up so damn fast.

Rodes has noticeably less staying power I agree, but the large brigade size makes them useful on the defence to hold a wooded hill 

Suprised nobody's said Barlow's/Scheerz (spelling?) divisions yet. XI Corps is the worst. Only thing they can do is defend Culp's and Cemetary Hill. Although this is for historical reasons.

I find that Rodes' division isn't as bad coupled with Heth's Division. Rodes can take the heat and fire a few volleys, then Heth's division can be reservists, or the other way around with Rodes doing pursuit and pushing the front.

• 3 weeks later...