Game-Labs Forum

[suggestion] Logout / Login cycle

In view of some glitches and exploits ( please do not comment on this ) during the Logout / Login cycles I come to suggest the following:

( also take into account that Port Battles method will change, so before you think about PB screens, read the appropriate thread about the proposed upcoming changes (

- no logout from the Battle Result Screen. ( not sure if this is even possible )

- Logout in the Open Sea not possible during the Invisibility / Invulnerability Period

- Logout shortened to 60 seconds

- Login always in one of these, whichever is better to implemente - Nearest Port ( friendly )

I understand there will be some personal issues with the fleets withdrawing from battles but I do not see it as a problem. The offensive failed so you will be harassed on the retreat.

This will resolve many of the "loopholes" being enjoyed by some shady groups of individuals.

• Like 1

- no logout from the Battle Result Screen. ( not sure if this is even possible )

Which would in practice mean you get kicked out of BRS and immediately go into 60s timer outside. Sure, I can see it.

- Logout in the Open Sea not possible during the Invisibility / Invulnerability Period

As above.

- Login always in one of these, whichever is better to implemente - Last Visited Port - Nearest Port ( friendly only )

This on the other hand is insane (sorry). Just give people straight up unlimited teleport to nearest/last visited port on 60s timer.

And now for something from completely different barrel:

Log in in open see, 2.5min tag-lock (can be attacked, cannot attack). Fixes shady characters, does not affect everyone else - which in this case is almost everyone.

• Like 2

Good intentions ...but some problems with that login in port...- Login always in one of these, whichever is better to implemente - Last Visited Port - Nearest Port ( friendly only )

I suppose you propose disconnections (accidental or intended) being treated as logoff  (otherwise it would lead to same problems), auto carrying  the 60 seconds count AFTER the invul period

Problem:

- I am on a long voyage/deep raid , my connection drops.... I am f$··$% (specially with "Last Visited Port" )

Abuses/Not intended "advantages"   :

- Most people (me included)  would disconnect when done with missions, free back travel (with any option, but specially with "Last Visited Port" ) .

- "hyperspace" trick I am travelling to xxxxxx, it is blockaded, I disconnect and logon again (Nearest Friendly Port option) , Au Revoir Blockaders

-  Tavelling into enemy waters using previous "hiperspace" trick would be very entertaining (and quite quick) if you properly study distances between free/allied

Closest Friendly then, overlooked the interest that could be the last visited.

Keep the 120 seconds logout timer then, but it doesn't work correctly ( glitch reported ) in undisclosed way. Was tested 3 times yesterday.

But the 2,5 minutes could do, to block the ambushes sure, although it won't stop a fleet from setting up an attack out of the warp.

There are a few more important urgente loopholes to close but can the cycle can be reviewed.