Game-Labs Forum

glassing in open world

Glassing and Nation flags ( at least on player ships, or multiple flags like in battle sessions and the small additional ones at the top being different on AI ships compared to player controlled ships ) in OW will be nice, when there is a lot of AI ships on the horizon like it is the case around some cities you need to click on all of them to be sure none is an enemy player.

Having the glass and able to spot the flags will be way better and also better for immersion too.

• Like 1

Still pretty much a "greenhorn" but certainly agree that the glass in the OW would not only be helpful but would add depth to the game as well (or immersion, as mentioned above) 

I realize perhaps the problem being the number of new headaches for the devs to apply the visual detail to land masses and additional parameters I can't even begin to imagine.

Down the road, perhaps the spy glass could be something that has a crafting element added to it, so that the strength and clarity are things that can be improved at great cost or difficulty, or require a rare commodity like "Historical Artifacts". 

On a similar train of thought, I was thinking of an incremental benefit of visiting ports that might improve one's open world line of sight.

Perhaps only the slightest of increments (eg. .01%) per every X# of ports visited. It would be an added incentive to sacking enemy ports..

Anyhoo....thanx for the forum, a chance to think out loud. Love the game and know it'll only get better!

Edited by OtwayBurns
  • Like 1