Game-Labs Forum

Will the game feature a realistic sailing model

I could call myself an old salt where sailing games are concerned but from my experiance all the main ones of present era i.e. Napoleon TW  and East India company dont have a realistic sailing model. They look nice and model some aspects of the age of sail but they really fall down where modelling wind and tide comes in and being a sailor IRL it is a VERY important issue. Admitted you have to make the game playable and "fun" but any sea captain of old would have told you the most important skill of a captain was his ability to forcast wind direction and plan his tactics from that.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/614-naval-action-on-youtube/page-6

and:

check the several videos out and tell for yourself if the demonstration in the videos is realistic enough or not. Its not going to be much more or less realistic despite the obvious tweaks wich will come for sure.

Right now we can control the foresails and the main + mizzen mast sails. Control means we can trim them individually to either fuck the turn up or make it work much faster than with autoskipper wich will only trim the sails to the optimal speed vector.

Wind will push you backwards if your in irons with no momentum.

The sailing mechanics we can see in NavalAction are so much more of a realistic touch than everything we ever saw in a multiplayer environment.

• Like 2

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/614-naval-action-on-youtube/page-6

and:

check the several videos out and tell for yourself if the demonstration in the videos is realistic enough or not. Its not going to be much more or less realistic despite the obvious tweaks wich will come for sure.

Right now we can control the foresails and the main + mizzen mast sails. Control means we can trim them individually to either fuck the turn up or make it work much faster than with autoskipper wich will only trim the sails to the optimal speed vector.

Wind will push you backwards if your in irons with no momentum.

The sailing mechanics we can see in NavalAction are so much more of a realistic touch than everything we ever saw in a multiplayer environment.

Thanks for the link. This looks to be my dream come true! cant wait for release! :)

• 2 weeks later...

what sort of customization do you mean?

We can customize armament for sure.

Cannonsze and type.

Colouring?

Well I think its likely to be able to colour the hull.

Sails? I hope not. Maybe between new and used look.

What would be totally epic is if the players could design custom skins for any ship.

Approve them for ingame used and bang we have epic looking ships