Game-Labs Forum

Survival Forced During Boarding

So, as far as Combat goes on the last update I was pretty happy about everything. There is 1 thing that I have seen several people dislike, as do I. 

With the new update we had the ability to use our crew at different task at the same time, this is great. as far as survival it helps while fighting if you actually wanted to survive. the problem is when you are boarded and you purposely try to sink your ship so you cannot be captured, Survival is Forced on and cannot be turned off. This isn't good I can disable it throughout the battle I should be able to disable it while I am being boarded. 

If I am wrong and there is some way to turn it off. Please inform me.

Boarding and carrying ships is already enough of a chore without the target purposely sabotaging the whole ordeal. Also prevents targets from refusing to fight fires out of spite and obstinance.

The fact that you are boarding shouldn't give you effectively control of the other Captain's men. The very idea of forcing a Captain to fight fires is ridiculous on it's face.

What is missing in this game is a "scuttle" button - I mean it's not like we aren't sitting on top of a magazine full of explosives or anything?

The fact that you are boarding shouldn't give you effectively control of the other Captain's men. The very idea of forcing a Captain to fight fires is ridiculous on it's face.

What is missing in this game is a "scuttle" button - I mean it's not like we aren't sitting on top of a magazine full of explosives or anything?

Absolutely not. That would effectively nullify the entire boarding process once things go south for a captain. "I can't win this. Fuck it, blow the ship up."

If someone is going to go through the hassle and the bother and the risk(!) to board someone, they should have a fair opportunity at a prize.

If someone handles their ship poorly enough to where they are boarded and taken, that's their punishment for not staying far enough away. Don't piss on everyone's parade because you aren't sporting enough to accept the loss of your ship.