Game-Labs Forum

Implement set of minimum conditions under which NPC crews will surrender avoiding uselessly protracting fights

After several battles against NPC ships in the missions I have found very irritating and unrealistic how currently the surrender works. Fundamentally most of the time the only option is to shoot the ship to pieces or kill all the crew through boarding. Even with only 1 crew member left, the NPC ships still sail and maneuver making some fights unnecessarily long. 

I would suggest to implement a set of conditions that would trigger the NPC surrender. These probably would be multiple ones like:

NPCCrew less than 25%

OR

SailCondition less than 50% AND NPCCrew less than 50% of PlayerCrew (ex 25 vs 50)

OR

HullCondition less than 10% on at least three sides

OR

Un-repairable leak present

etc etc

Any thoughts?

Edited by Zargor
  • Like 2

It may be profitable to continue to fight against them, giving more xp?

Nevertheless, it's a god idea. It's also more realistic than the captain fighting to the last man or to the boat goes down. He would try to save his crew.

You could have an option to accept the surrender or "miss" it and sink the basterds.

You could have an option to accept the surrender or "miss" it and sink the basterds.

A nice popup with "Accept Surrender" and "Refuse and kill them all"  :D

Edited by Zargor

After several battles against NPC ships in the missions I have found very irritating and unrealistic how currently the surrender works. Fundamentally most of the time the only option is to shoot the ship to pieces or kill all the crew through boarding. Even with only 1 crew member left, the NPC ships still sail and maneuver making some fights unnecessarily long. 

I would suggest to implement a set of conditions that would trigger the NPC surrender. These probably would be multiple ones like:

NPCCrew less than 25%

OR

SailCondition less than 50% AND NPCCrew less than 50% of PlayerCrew (ex 25 vs 50)

OR

HullCondition less than 10% on at least three sides

OR

Un-repairable leak present

etc etc

Any thoughts?

100% yes...