Game-Labs Forum

Ranks: Admiral & Vice Admiral

Hello!

I just wanted to briefly touch upon the fact that these ranks do not exist. I get a strong feeling the Devs have something in mind for this, and I figure there is a reason why Rear Admiral is the top rank.

However I'd just like to throw in a suggestion.

I believe the ranks as we know should be scaled down and the top rank: rear admiral should only give 650 crew. I think the ranks Admiral (1100 crew) Vice admiral (1000 crew) should be introduced as guild unlock able ranks. There should be 2 admiral rank and 3 vice admiral ranks a guild can unlock, and obviously these would be the guys expected to sail in the 1st rates / 2nd rates. (I chose only 2 and 3 because once guilds work together more 1st rates will be together)

This would not condemn people to 3rd rates for their entire naval action career, as the ranks can be refreshed every week. Meaning if the best 1st rate captain in EDR for example can play week 1, but is going on holiday in week 2, at the beginning of week 2, the rank can be assigned to someone else.

Each rank would cost more after each unlock in the same fashion as outposts currently are.

This would greatly help limited the amount of larger ships we see in battles. Whilst adding another carrot infront of our players.

Thoughts?

Edited by Monkey Bullet
  • Like 1

Well in stead of limiting people who can have a 1st rate that plan on adding a br limit to battles. For exp.  if you brought in 5 1st rate that would use up all your br for that battle but the enemy could bring in like 8 3rd rates and a couple connies ....these are not the number they said but just an example.

The sheer amount of Guild EXP and Money needed to unlock them Steel.  Take how long it takes to go from Ensign to Rear Admiral now, and thats how long it would take to get 1 admiral slot through guild exp earned through activities.  Not to mention a substantial amount of money.

Edited by Monkey Bullet

Instead of guilds deciding who get these sweet spots, how about it would be based on multiple things

- Admiralty PVP missions ( kill atleast a few big ships with PVP)

- ( only a hope) reputation system

- 75 spots for Vice Admiral/ 35 spots for Admiral > will be asigned by nation not by guilds. 

Sounded better in my head :$