Game-Labs Forum

Undercrewing ships needs adjustment

With the present mechanics of port battles people have been taking advantage of the present ability to undercrewing powerful ships in order to win the fight. My suggestion is to not entirely get rid of the ability to undercrew a ship but rather to limit the point of which you can.

Instead of being able to sail a 3rd rate (or what ever ship) at any % of crew, I feel and suggest that you should only be able to sail a ship that you can crew to at least 80%

This would eliminate the present problem of people farming large ships and crewing them at 20% in order to win a port battle simply by the size of their ships.

With the present mechanics of port battles people have been taking advantage of the present ability to undercrewing powerful ships in order to win the fight. My suggestion is to not entirely get rid of the ability to undercrew a ship but rather to limit the point of which you can.

Instead of being able to sail a 3rd rate (or what ever ship) at any % of crew, I feel and suggest that you should only be able to sail a ship that you can crew to at least 80%

This would eliminate the present problem of people farming large ships and crewing them at 20% in order to win a port battle simply by the size of their ships.

sounds like some1's mad they lost the battle 

those of us who under crew do so with enough penatilities as is like slow reload hard to turn

• Like 1

sounds like some1's mad they lost the battle 

those of us who under crew do so with enough penatilities as is like slow reload hard to turn

Please, avoid posting if the only thing you have to add to the topic is personal attacks...

As for the issue at hand - i do believe the problem will be addressed when PBs are reworked. I'm quite sure I've seen it mentioned in here once or twice before.

I am not mad at the loss of the battle, you win some, you lose some. The mechanic works both ways, and yes they might not reload that quickly, and they might have trouble turning but in a fleet line battle that doesn't matter as much when the opposition is using properly crewed ships that don't have the fire power to knock down the armor of a 20% crewed 3rd rate.

The penalties for undercrewing gets negated in a 25 vs 25 port battle.

next update will fix that, the crew will become a big part, like every gun gots his crew, if u lose crew u now loose the complete gun, but the othere remaining guns keep reloading as before, same for leaks sails and stuff

so this gets fixed at the next big update end of this month