Game-Labs Forum

Dura Farming Solution

Hi,

So I don't know if "Dura Farming" is considered something "Legal" or not, but as I saw in another post about people complaining about this I think I might have a solution.

As to me it seems pirates being able to make a 5 ship 5 dura fleet into a 25 ship 1 dura fleet a bit extreme.

I would suggest capping a ship that is above 1 dura will not give you the ship, but instead a gold reward of 1/5th of the ship (Based on basic NPC version price). So essentialy the value of 1 dura would be given to the one capping the ship. 1 Dura ships that are capped would be transferred to the capping player. So no ships get "duplicated". So capping 5 identical ships, would give you gold to buy 4/5th's of a new NPC ship and a 1 dura ship. So when you would add a bit of your cash you could buy a basic 5 dura ship like the one you capped. The guy getting his ship capped, just loses one dura or his ship when his ship only has one dura left.

Pro's:

No more unrealistic ship multiplying by pirates or others.

Still a comparable reward

Somewhat more realistic, as a capped ship would probably come under nations command and not the captain, who would probably get just the honour and some gold for doing it.

It keeps people encouraged to keep doing PvP

Cons:

Would put more pressure on the resource market as more ships will need to be produced.

Not as satisfying as capping a guys ship and being able to sail it straight away.

Don't know if this is a con or a pro, but outposts would not be filled with capped ships as much.

For AI ships and trader ships I would keep it as it is, you get the ship you capped.

No need to multiply traders i guess.

I hope I didn't miss a big flaw in this system...

What do you guys think?

This question has been brought up before and the ruling was that it is ok.

There is no duping in the sense that the player granting one of his durabilities will also lose a 'life' on his ship.

I agree you lose a life, and that there is indeed nu duplicating. But you can duplicate the firepower. If an enemy clan sails 5 3rd rates, and you have 5 3rd rates as a pirate, you could produce a 25 ship fleet of 3rd rates all 1 dura.

A serious advantage (that won't last long term) but might be good enough to gain a significant advantage. Don't think the current system is flawed, I would considered the above a bit more realistic, and at the same time more fair?

I'm not totaly disagreeing with you....

or just as in EVE - get rid of stupid durability principle. Lost a battle - lost a ship. Fair and square. This durability principle ruins the whole raiding gameplay. You raid enemy coast trying to weaker them before port battle. But then they come again in s slightly "less" durable ships.

Well, as much as I like realism, this would probably just result in less PvP action. And only big clans would be able to have a battle and lose some high end ships and buy/craft/cap themselves a new one every now and then. While the lone wolf players, who probably had to put alot of effort in buying/crafting/capping a ship will not engage in PvP and will probably be the first ones to get their ship capped by an enemy nation, as they are easy targets sailing alone most of the time.