Game-Labs Forum

Is this game EVE?

I agree I hated the combat in Eve and I was a player for 7 years. I do like the player economy and that really adds a dynamic to the game, I think the devs should try their best at bringing a similar economy into the game.

However the aspect of Eve that I really do want in the game (at the horror of many players) is the permanent loss of ships. Until, that is, you go buy another of the same type.

Well ship loss is already in the game.

You just gotta lose it 5 times if you sail a bought or crafted one... or 1 time for a captured ship.

I would like the idea of one server that Eve offers. The map is huge and It can feel empty at times. But the game is eve "ish" in some ways.

AFAIK the server cap will get higher, they are upping it in stages so as not to break anything (or if they do, know what the tipping point is). Remeber the game is far from optimised at the moment (try truning on AA if you want an example of this).

As to what a max population size could be I'm not sure its actually that much higher without some severe changes to port capture mechanics and possible a small ish no-pvp zone around nation capitals to allow noobies not to be constantly farmed (and I'd rather not see that)

• Like 1