Game-Labs Forum

Client Crash caused data wipe

Oliver Perry

I was sailing between beaufort and charlston in a trade cutter I had just captured. My client crashed and when I reloaded the game, my trade cutter was gone along with all my gold and my outfitted standard cutter I had in my home port of charleston. It also reduced my XP to the last amount I had when I returned to harbor. I had to do a hard restart of my computer by powering it down and powering it back up.

You bet, I was telling people in game to keep an eye out. I am not sure how data is saved server side. I didnt know if my system didnt have a chance to upload my data after the capture of the ship and the few missions I did while at sea. Until I figure it out I have made it a habbit of once I get to a port to log out (thinking that may upload my current stats and items to the server).

You bet, I was telling people in game to keep an eye out. I am not sure how data is saved server side. I didnt know if my system didnt have a chance to upload my data after the capture of the ship and the few missions I did while at sea. Until I figure it out I have made it a habbit of once I get to a port to log out (thinking that may upload my current stats and items to the server).

Nothing from the client is uploaded to the server (other than "requests" - e.g. "Please apply right rudder", "please fire cannon", the server then receives the request and determines whether or not you're able to perform that action at that time - if not, the request is ignored.  Even the individual waves in the battle instances are generated server side and sent to the client.).  This is to prevent hacking and cheating.  Data loss may be possible due to a bug, though this would be data loss that is entirely on the server side and not the client.