Game-Labs Forum

Change the XP process

Hello guys,

I ve been thinking a bit about the way we get xp, and the introducing of honor kills.

To be honest i really don't like them and i am afraid that there will be bringing a lot of problems in a near futur beetween players.

Right now, when you get a kill, you've got a very large amount of xp (300 for a frigate , 500 for a 74), and almost nothing if you don't get the kill. I know that kill is calculated and given to the player who make the most damages on the ship, but it don't force us to play together.

When i am playing with my friends, if they are in frigates and i am in Bellona or Victory, we all know there are 90% chances that i am getting the kill. Very frustrated and a waste of time for them no?

And what is going to happen when the game will be released on steam with this story of honor kills? There will be a race to get and steal the kill from other people just to grind xp more fastly.

For now this not  really a problem, because we are a little community, we play together and share the preys...but imagine when there will be a lot of players that we don't know, just poping in your game with their frigate when you're grinding with your snow, and this player is stealing your honor kill?

Just a lot of frustration, and a bad atmosphear.

With this system of leveling and this honor kills, it will be nothing than a counter strike game, where only kill count in your scoreboard.

I'd like to levelling with my friends, even if i am with my Bellona and they are in snow, and sharing my xp with them, but for now its not possible.

We need to put some restriction, to avoid a leech system, where a Lynx will get free xp if he's levelling with a victory or a santi, but we also need to find a system who encourage  levelling together too.

Xp should be redistributed to all players who fighted together, with a limited maximum amount of xp earned, depending of the difference beetween ranks ships. Like this, no abuse from little ships

Admin wrote : " The only way to replicate this is to track victories (honor kills and in the future assists as well)" : http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7576-taking-a-break/?p=143533

What about keeping on discussing about the current progression on just one thread ? http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7577-feedback-on-the-current-progession-system-patch-8/

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1