Game-Labs Forum

Training room

hi there

i´m relativly new at this game and enjoying it much. in my opinion a training room, there i can test the sailing characteristic of my ships in a clean (bot or player free) envrironment would be very helpful in mastering my ships.

• Like 3

when i got my brig i went into pve light.. even if it had someone else in there with me  i mentioned that i was testing/training and they usually accept it an go onto do what they want.. and vice versa when i go into battle against bots.

but i think if a training room is needed there needs to be a single player aspect to the game for such occassions.

hi there

i´m relativly new at this game and enjoying it much. in my opinion a training room, there i can test the sailing characteristic of my ships in a clean (bot or player free) envrironment would be very helpful in mastering my ships.

Was thinking about this the other day, though I dismissed ithe idea since I'm not sure how much traction this idea would get in the community. As captain silent says, when people get new ships it seems they generally take them into PvE to try them out.

WWIIOL (When I played it, long ago) used to have a similar single player instance you could enter to test new tanks, atrillery, etc. It had a range with targets of varying (marked) distances and a track. For NA I'd suggest something similar, just an open sea with a target or two to shoot at, and maybe a grid of stationary buoys so you could gauge your new ship handling and abilities before taking it to any sort of of combat, or to perhaps test handling changes or comparisons between ships.

• Like 3

This sounds like a really great idea. This should be a thing; it would SIGNIFICANTLY help new players like me to learn manual sails properly, try out firing maneuvers and work on your aim. Perhaps the player could select a map type and toggle floating targets or buoys? 

Anyway, I hope this becomes a thing! :D