Game-Labs Forum

Training/Armory %

RDND_Galant

Hi.

First of all,   i found this game through watching 2 YT's called history guy and  historial gamer .. holy moly  i was hooked right away , and as of now  here 429 gamehours later  im asking my first question inhere on a topic that have "annoyed" me alot 

Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere, but i couldnt find any info

At what % level  does the quality of weapons/ soldiers change ? we have 4 different stages of soldiers 0-3 stars ...  in my mind it should be very straight forward  0-25, 26-50- 51-75, 76 -100

it might be alittle different reagrding weapons because of the many different kinds BUT..it doesnt really seem like, it is so straigh forward..... can anyone clearify  this in any way ?..

thank you in advance and thank you for your time 

The AI's weapons vary from unit to unit, much like the player's weapons do.  From one battle, the Federal casualties may yield M1855s, Harpers Ferries, and Lorenz Rifles from different units.  It's not all the same like it was before, and thus the Armory values is much more vague compared to other values.  Just know that the Armory value caps out at set levels during the campaign if you are unable to kill enough of them off, so they don't start getting more advanced weaponry than they should at the time.

Also, regarding Experience, it's not just "Experience at 65%, all enemies at Vet 2".  It varies per unit - if the enemy is bottomed out on Experience, even the normally Vet 3 units like the Iron Brigade might be only Vet 2 or 1.  Scenarios that call for experienced units, like a majority of the Union troops at the Siege of Jackson, will have the majority of the troops at Vet 2 or at a normal enemy army Experience level.

Hi Soldier,

Thank you for the reply

I still don't understand...   if  training says 42-47 % then what does that  tell me?  regardless of the  vets designed to fight in  x battle and the year

and same applies to wpns...

sry for being so, hmm  i dont really  know the right word, but i need to get my head around this problem  lol ... 

All you really need to know in order to play the game effectively is the lower those numbers are, the better.  Don't think anyone could really tell you the exact points at which stuff changes because of the variation it has.  Do remember scaling is still slightly in effect between the designated points.

In short - no, you won't ever know. :)

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 4:52 PM, The Soldier said:

All you really need to know in order to play the game effectively is the lower those numbers are, the better.  Don't think anyone could really tell you the exact points at which stuff changes because of the variation it has.  Do remember scaling is still slightly in effect between the designated points.

In short - no, you won't ever know. :)

But higher weapon  % means better loot for you!

Although I only really cared about this when the enemies started dropping Fayettevilles...

• Like 1

They should add the same armory and training scale for YOUR army as well. This would enable you to intuitively grasp the enemies fighting capacity as it compares to your own.

As it stands now I have no earthly idea what a 37% armory value is supposed to mean. However, if I could see that my own army had a 25% armory value, I would instantly understand that the enemy army was equipped with better weapons. I could then act on this information by better equipping my army, or by employing battle field tactics that neutralized the enemies advantage.

I love that these intelligence reports exist. However, I too have difficulty converting them into actionable information.

• Like 4

Curious about this too.

For example, is it a coincidence that the first time I brought 2000 Springfield M1861s (or was it '63s?)...anyway in Fredericksburg, was the first time I noticed ALL of their infantry brigades carried Harper Ferry rifles. Previously they carried a range of Farmers, Springfield '41s, 55's, some Harpers, etc.

Begs the questions:

1) Does the type of equipment you bring also affect the way the enemy equipment scales? (I know it used to in EA, so does it still?)

2) Does the Armory/Training % ever go down? If so, how? (i.e. I've never seen the Armory/Training %s go down; they always seem to gradually increase throughout the campaign)

3) Once the enemy Armory/equipment reaches a threshold, is that the "minimum quality" they will bring on the campaign? For example, should I now regularly expect them to bring Harpers as their basic equipment, since all their infantry was equipped with them last time?

There appears to be another modifier that isn't shown to the player that changes the weapon quality the enemy has per-battle, though this is relatively small.  Minor Battles usually have a lower modifier than Grand Battles (so you might see low-tier rifles in a Minor Battle then see mid-tier rifles at the Grand Battle, for example).

1) Yes it does scale, but only within the margins listed in the Intelligence Service.

2) Yes, both those go down the more enemies you kill.  Makes sense, no?

3) There is a minimum quality for each stage in the campaign, yes - at some point, no matter how many enemies you kill, their Armory and Training value won't go down anymore.  Same reason that there's a minimum enemy army size, so you can't make the game overly easy (especially on Major General and Legendary where people want that kind of thing).  Also note there's a cap on enemy weapon quality for each stage of the battle, depending on when higher tier rifles become available.

• Like 1