Game-Labs Forum

Crashing in Combat

VolcanionHeart

Hello i purchased the game today and i have all the requirements to run the game i have no issue in open world or firing cannons, it is in combat where if any of the ships take hits to the hull the game freezes and becomes unresponsive but the sound carries on like the battle is taking place just all pictures stop and i cannot close the game unless i close it via task manager. this is with all settings set on minimum windowed mode AMD driver version 17.1.1 on an R9 380 CPU i5-4670 3.5Ghz and 16GB of ram.

Any idea why this is the case?

Thanks.

Edited by VolcanionHeart

4 minutes ago, VolcanionHeart said:

thanks for the reply I'll wait until it's solved as i need the latest drivers for other games i play, any idea when this will be fixed?

Captain, please update your GPU drivers to the latest ones, 17.1.1 are not the latest drivers. The issue should be gone after that.

11 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Two options:

-Wait for the devs to solve this issue with lastest AMD drivers (which was reported several weeks ago (testbed server)).

-Install older AMD drivers like the 16.3. The downside is that cannon damage texture wont appear in the hull of ships.

I really hope there is one fix on the works because this issue annoys me.

Captain, this is outdated information.

19 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I tested with the 17.7.1 on the testbed and my game crashed always. The 17.7.1 is the latest drivers for my GPU.

So, if you didnt change anything in the game, I will keep crashing as before.

What GPU you have, did you actually go to the website and download there newest drivers?  If you just hit the update button it half the time never updates to the most newest driver out. By doing a quick search of AMD web page 17.9.1 is the latest driver number that comes up for just about every card out right now.

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

I have Win8.1, not win10.

Well that is prob your problem right there....lol

But yah it list 17.7.1 as your most updated.  I would try the other one and if it doesn't work roll it back to the 17.7.1 driver.  That an older chip set right (sorry I'm haven't had AMD cards in ages.   It always a chance you can take that might work.