Game-Labs Forum

Resupply wagons

Grendelsbane

In certain engagements you are guarding or have access to a base with supplies.  Currently you can run your troops close and they can get resupplied.  I would submit that it would be a good option to allow your supply wagon to go back to the base to get resupplied and be able to go out to where your troops need the ammo.  Right now it seems that when the supply wagon is empty they just sit there.

• Like 4

This is gamey and ahistorical, it would also lead to many players going broke.

I used to have full supply wagons in all five corps at all times and focused on artillery. Boy is that an expensive route. Now I do the opposite and never bring supplies at all. You can capture wagons and that money is better spent on weapons (which must be purchased early and before every grand battle or they disappear). 

This would be a nice thing cause I noticed it too.  Though with they way I manage it unless it's a big long battle the other side tends to run out of supplies before I do.   The problem is when it's more than a day or two engagement than I'm out of supplies and have to steal from the other side to get back.   

• 1 month later...
On 22 janvier 2017 at 1:30 AM, Grendelsbane said:

In certain engagements you are guarding or have access to a base with supplies.  Currently you can run your troops close and they can get resupplied.  I would submit that it would be a good option to allow your supply wagon to go back to the base to get resupplied and be able to go out to where your troops need the ammo.  Right now it seems that when the supply wagon is empty they just sit there.

I was about to start a thread exactly about that when I found your post.

It should take quite some time to replenish your supply wagon from a fixed base to simulate loading, but that should definitely be possible !