Game-Labs Forum

Rework PB - Timer System

Hey Dev's

First the American players used the Timedifference against the Spanish, now the Danes abuse it against Sweden and France.

Marigot 12-14                                       

Aves 14-16

Charlestown 14-16

Oranjestad 14-16

BasseTerre 14-16

These are Mid European work times (Not in Russia....) i think this is a clear abuse. We wont be able to Counterattack against the Danes because the purposly set the timers in Worktime.

This is killing the GAME. only People with wich are unemployeed can attack at this time.  Or defend...

Terre-de-bas 6-8

Deshaies 6-8

Basse-Terre 6-8

Point-a-Pitre 6-8

Le Moule 6-8

These hours are even worse, nobody can ever take any of these Ports again.

Danes are abuse this system massively

I think best woud be to limited the Attack window to a certain time frame:

16:00 - 24:00 server time or something like it..

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 2

I dont belive limiting the attack window time frame will solve anything, it will exclude the americans and possibly other regions that reside on the PVP1 server, personally i am a proponent of having the port battle it self happening 24 hours after the flag is planted giving everyone time to prepare for attack/defence.

edit: it will also exclude people who work evenings in the europe time zone since there are some that do that.

• Like 1

Not rly. You see, if we have two hours of stupid waiting during defend window until moment when someone buy flag in last minute, then what it will be during 8 hour window? No game because in every moment your port can be attacked? Long time ago when devs announced current timer system there was lot of opinions counter it exactly because of time zones problem. Today we have it, and i doubt that some compromise about time could be reached. Maybe port battles should happen during weakend only or it could be delay like previous man said. But delay brakes interception part of gameplay and force to create some flipping mechanic as it was in Potbs. It looks like total rework.

Not rly. You see, if we have two hours of stupid waiting during defend window until moment when someone buy flag in last minute, then what it will be during 8 hour window? No game because in every moment your port can be attacked? Long time ago when devs announced current timer system there was lot of opinions counter it exactly because of time zones problem. Today we have it, and i doubt that some compromise about time could be reached. Maybe port battles should happen during weakend only or it could be delay like previous man said. But delay brakes interception part of gameplay and force to create some flipping mechanic as it was in Potbs. It looks like total rework.

The weekend also has similar issues as now however, unless we have attacks open for 24hours in the weeked, i agree that the 24hour delay is not optimal, personally however i have yet to see a better suggestion which i agree with, if there is some i would definetely love to hear em!

Well, they can fix defend window of ports at least in some time period, equal to that port time zone from west to east. Its prevent from setting timer on non your own prime time, i guess, but it limits some expansion also, because east nation in most cases won't be able to operate effective on west side of map .

This is a consistent issue in many games.  And they're all kept it open during all times.  Why?  Because we deal with an international community which spreads through different time zones.  What may be work and low hours for you may be the evening and  peak hours for them.  It is a part of a game style like this.

The other issue at hand is that a nation in this game doesn't mean that everyone who plays it is part of that nation.  Example> I'm American, but play Dutch.

personally i am a proponent of having the port battle it self happening 24 hours after the flag is planted giving everyone time to prepare for attack/defence. -OlavDeng2

Now that's something I can agree with, and believe it will help with this problem.  The only other this I can think of is a rolling attack timer, so that the attack window is a bit different every time it opens.  Hypothetical example: 23 hour rolling timer.  Day one it's 11am, day two it's 10am, next it's 9am, and so on.  But this will slow down port captures quite dramatically, and as such I'm not a fan of this idea.

Edited by Richard VonKleek

I hope the Dev. can solve the problem. At the moment I can't help recaputre, cause I have a Job ... I can't do missions allone, have been ganked many times. I hope the Dev do somethink before I loose the fun playing this in general very cool game ...

• Like 1

Hey Dev's

First the American players used the Timedifference against the Spanish, now the Danes abuse it against Sweden and France.

Marigot 12-14                                       

Aves 14-16

Charlestown 14-16

Oranjestad 14-16

BasseTerre 14-16

These are Mid European work times (Not in Russia....) i think this is a clear abuse. We wont be able to Counterattack against the Danes because the purposly set the timers in Worktime.

This is killing the GAME. only People with wich are unemployeed can attack at this time.  Or defend...

Terre-de-bas 6-8

Deshaies 6-8

Basse-Terre 6-8

Point-a-Pitre 6-8

Le Moule 6-8

These hours are even worse, nobody can ever take any of these Ports again.

Danes are abuse this system massively

I think best woud be to limited the Attack window to a certain time frame:

16:00 - 24:00 server time or something like it..

As i said in my post in the other thread. There is no simple solution for this.

The real Issue is that EU vs EU player abuse time windows to prevent battles.

Quote:

"What i can not tolerate are your PB timers you set in some of the cities.....your prevent PB and reconqering on purpose to cripple the Gameplay and fun of the Others. Cripple Gameplay for others with ramming etc. is called griefing. To a caertain point this goes under the same definition. You cripple  the Gameplay for the Playerbase on both side on purpose. No Dane will have fun in defending PB and no French can have fun attacking it. If they manage to attack during the Night it will be senseless action since the Port is mostly like complete empty and its just zerging some towers against some lonely defender who showed up

We cant punish our fellow US bois for playing in their primetime."

This is a problem that cant be solved easily through an overhaul of the system. Atm it has to be fixed by hand in every town that has an abusive timer. I heard that SLRN is doin it too and thats not acceptable at all.

Maybe you could say that a Port window for a specific town is only open 2 time a week for 4 hours. or sth like that. Therefore you can plan and focus your defence better. Bigger Nations would have more targets to defend at the same time but there have more likely more palyers to do so than smaller nations.

If you sit 4hours in front of that port is your decision but i think with intelligent porting and storing ships near the vulnerable town it should be not a big effort to play as you like and if the fleet is announced you port back to the city.

There are some  differten cases if your towns are located 5min aport from each other but therefore you can scout with cutters.

Edited by Internetbaron