Game-Labs Forum

Missions and the annoyance of sailing to them

So, I know a lot of people including myself get annoyed with the randomness of mission locations especially when you're in areas where it can spawn on the other side of the island making the trip a 30-40min sail to get to it. Now, not all missions are like this and I don't mind sailing to the ones that take a good 5-10mins to get to. In most cases those allow me to get work done around the house. But here is a suggestion.

How about we get missions closer to ports and typically within a 80 degree to 120 degree arc directly out the front of the port dock to prevent in most cases those annoying missions spawning on the other side of the island.

Or adding on to the 80-120 degree arc have missions spawn even closer and in the actual battle increase the distance from player to NPCs significantly to add to duration of the battle which gives people the illusion that the missions are closer to port.

All in all the missions currently as they are distance wise is typically not that big of an issue for me. It's the randomness of the locations that cause problems especially near islands. I would persoanlly like to see some kind of twinking to mission locations in relation to the port they are taken from.

The only time I have cancelled a mission straight away was when it spawned it the other side of the Island I was on, I didnt have the time to go around.

Other than that, I quite like the random locations and having to find them.

I hope in the future that we get some real long distance ones once different types of missions start appearing.

Maybe they should award some more gold or XP for distance travelled, expenses!

Edited by Rubble