Game-Labs Forum

Start your own (temporary or permanent) chat channel.

I've searched high and low to find a thread like this, but can't seem to and it's such a simple idea somebody must have made a thread before this one. If such is the case, lock this thread while pointing to the real thread please, cheers guys also if this already exists I've yet to find it, I had to take a break around September and came back just as you updated onto steam early access.

Shouldn't players be able to create their own group chats, without forming a group? It would be of great help; for example when taking a port and part of the main fleet breaks off to form a scouting and blockade fleet while a port battle is in process. Currently I'm seeing lots of chatter when it comes to port battles in the factional chat windows, which can be used for many things other than PBs.
So shouldn't a player be able to open his/her own chat channel and invite other players involved in an operation, a group of friends, etc so they keep the main channels a little less full.

Naturally this is not an issue now but if the amount of players per server increase national/factional channels are going to have multiple conversations going on in them, when you could just create a temporary, or permanent chat channel to have a multi-person conversation.

There is group chat but it isn't ideal for the reasons discussed above.

PS: If I've missed this reach through the screen, bash my head off my keyboard a couple of times and delete the thread. Cheers.

Edited by ShiverMyTimber