Game-Labs Forum

Mirror Entire PVP Servers

Now you are making things up. I have answered all of your other concerns which I even listed out for you a couple posts back. Victory in battle, database, flag, ports, ect. So if you did state this concern I did not see it. Please stop saying I'm just ignoring objectives as I'm clearly not as I've listed responses to every concern so far. The only one not actually solved is the database time and resource which I've stated the Admins will need to tell us yes it will take to much or not not a big issue to do.

As for this particular concern.

Let me make sure I understand you. You have a Vicon server 1. You log on after maint and onto server 2 and sell it for 1 gold. You then log off server 2 and back on server 1 where the vic is still at. You then do stuff with it. So you'd just have to treat all sales as officially taking place at the end of the day aka maintenence period. After maint the ship would be gone.

Now the only real issue I see is selling same ship on multiple servers. Maybe there is a simple check to verify if that happens and deletes all but one entry in the tables or maybe that is the first real issue with mirroring PVP server. Each ship has a unique identifier which simple check could be run against for duplicates. Again we would have to see what the admins say about their database architecture and the time and resources such a task would take may or may not be worth it but only they can provide that information.

I think you are kinda misaing the poiny, it is easily possible to find wxploots in your proposed syatem, but the biggest killer is qll the time spent for checks and such... If i sell a ship i would suddenly have to send that data to multiple servers causing more stress or you would have to do it during server maintenance leaving one with conflicts which need to be solved

Edit: i need some reat, il re read what i wrote tomorrow morning and then if necessary il continue