Game-Labs Forum

Random Daily And Weekly Events

To spice the game up a bit more and make it feel more interesting, there should be random events which happen daily and weekly, a long list of events with different effects.

Some examples:

• Big storm (Travels across a certain area of the map and is like a hurricane)
  • Grounded Spanish treasure galleon (first person to find it, gets the loot)
  • Economical changes.
  • Increase / decrease in Pirates in certain regions of the game.

And more :-D

To spice the game up a bit more and make it feel more interesting, there should be random events which happen daily and weekly, a long list of events with different effects.

Some examples:

• Big storm (Travels across a certain area of the map and is like a hurricane)
  • Grounded Spanish treasure galleon (first person to find it, gets the loot)
  • Economical changes.
  • Increase / decrease in Pirates in certain regions of the game.

And more :-D

1. is allready in the game

2. sure

3. How would you do that?

4. this is based on palyers/AI...so i doubt this will happen

Edited by OlavDeng2

3. There could be something like newspapers in ports... if you read them you can read (some awesome storys about "Captain Olavs Voyage around Cap Horn" suppoorted by the Dutch Antilles Sqad and similar) storys and tales. Plus there might be sometimes informations about rebellions (of slaves), special taxes of nations (maybe because of wars in other parts of their empire), famines, sabotaged factorys, accidents, villages burnt down by an outbreaking fire after dry period, delay of supply ships... all affecting different areas or single ports in different ways.

Those events could be rare. But if you checked on them you'd know where to get some goods for a special price or sell them with high profit.

Also while writing this, I noticed I'd love to invent some semi-true storys for the newspapers...

Also I already saw a great design of a paper somwhere, though won't search at the moment with my phone.

Edited by Captain Obido