Game-Labs Forum

Immersive ideas for the games

Hello,

I have been playing the game for 3 days now and I enjoy it very much but I have a few suggestions. 

Here are they are:

1. Ship Management. 

The ability to manage certain aspects of your vessels, for example. Food stores, Ammunition stores and Weapon stores. This will add a more in depth feel to commanding a ship, having the player maintain levels of stock to keep the ship in order.

2. Crew Management.

Add the ability to manage aspects of your crew such as, Crew rations and pay which can effect the morale level - therefore effecting the overall effectiveness of the crew and therefore the vessel. making sure to pay your crew, feed your crew and so on will make the game more fun. 

3. Decks.

As a player and lover of this era I can say with certainty that ships of the line didn't have such clean and uncluttered decks, I'd like to see roles of hammocks used to shield crew from shots, hanging hammocks across the rigging, more and busier crews on deck. It adds a level of immersion to the game that I feel would give a nice feel to the overall experience.

4. Ship Customization .

I'd like to have the ability to change my paint scheme, nothing fancy just red black, blue yellow, black, red, dark brown. Nation colors etc, Changing sails, from old and patched to new and unused. (these could provide speed increases of varied types). Perhaps figure heads but that might be to much of a pain.

5. Weather changes.

I'd like to see a higher number of weather conditions, at the moment we see a lot of fog banks, storms and such but I would like to see a few of the following changes:

Smoother sea's, Dead wind, Light - Heavy storms Thick fog that cuts visibility down to a short distance, all of these should be encountered in and out of combat also.

6. More areas of the world. 

The game at the moment is based in the Caribbean but there a lot of people who like the idea of different areas to load into that would expand the game further into the world. I have selected a few of my choices but there are many different opinions.

Examples:

Philippines 

http://www.destinati...ippines-map.gif

Mediterranean

http://maps4designer...iterranean.jpg�

I'm not suggesting add the world, but areas that are similar to the caribbean, condensed area with a lot of ports and good travel times so that way players have 3 big areas to discover.

These are my suggestions guys, feel free to discuss and hopefully we can get these types of ideas to the devs and see what they think.

• Like 1

allot of these topics have been discussed and addressed in other chats.

there will be more ship / crew customization and management.

the weather will be more varied everyone is asking for that.

apparently the west coast America is their and as far as other regions. the devs say it depends on the direction and popularity of the game on release.

their has been talk of a deck view and using a spy glass in the open sea.

sorry i don't have the links to all the threads i'm just going from memory. anyway happy new year and welcome aboard 

• Like 1

I don't understand why the Caribbean isn't "enough" for now, for people. I've seen this request so many times from different people. For Europe, for the Mediterranean (but first time for Phillipines??)

Let's see if the game is successful first. The map we have is HUGE and more than we could ever hope to play actively, with the current game population. If you change the location you'll also need to change textures, weather, towns, and historical context entirely. Port capture would not be a thing in a Europe map. Dreary blockade duty off Brest or Cadiz was nowhere near as exciting as plundering trade routes in the Caribbean.

Anyway welcome to the game.

Edited by 'Sharpe
  • Like 3