Game-Labs Forum

scope of game?

gunnyfreak

So I just saw that 22min video a few days ago, and it looks damn impressive

I'm wondering though, what's (going to be) in the game? Is it just Gettysburg? Are we just gonna be fighting that battle over and over again? If so, what modes are there? Is there any variety? If not, where else would we be fighting? Which maps are there? Are all maps hand designed? Things like that.

thanks in advance

gunny

P.S: was a huge fan of S2 darthmod, can't believe I'm just hearing about this now, good stuff :)

So I just saw that 22min video a few days ago, and it looks damn impressive

I'm wondering though, what's (going to be) in the game? Is it just Gettysburg? Are we just gonna be fighting that battle over and over again? If so, what modes are there? Is there any variety? If not, where else would we be fighting? Which maps are there? Are all maps hand designed? Things like that.

thanks in advance

gunny

P.S: was a huge fan of S2 darthmod, can't believe I'm just hearing about this now, good stuff :)

From what I've heard from the developers, the initial game will be based on Gettysburg and will be broken up into multiple 'phases'. There'll also be a custom battle style mode with custom set ups, units, starting positions etc. I think Darth wants to expand more later on though. I'm pretty sure the map is hand made. 

I think it's safe to say, that Gettysburg game will be be the first step in a whole series IF it succeeds in terms of sales.

It will be the platform on which larger games - both scope and AI wise - will be build and we'll probably see loads of updates and patches, which will make the core game even better...

So for us old strategy game vets it's damn important, to spread the word and get people buying this game!

• Like 2

Map parameters are:

Western side:  Herr Ridge

Eastern side:   Wolf Hill

Northern side:  Oak Hill

Southern side: Big Round Top

UGG can be fought by Phase or as a 3 or 4 day battle.

Phases have time limits and "victory point locations".  All Phases are within the parameters of the map.  The results of a Phase give you a status of "kills" and "victory point locations".

If you are fighting the 3 or 4 day battle the Phases are linked.  Your results in the current Phase determine your Phase options in the next Phase.  Sometimes your results give you about 3 choices of what you want to do in the next Phase.  For example: The game opens as it did historically with the CSA pushing Buford's Cavalry to McPherson' Ridge.  If the CSA holds Herr's Ridge, Oak Hill, Oak Ridge, & Seminary Ridge at the end of the Phase you earn the next series of Phase options to the east and south.  If the CSA doesn't command all of these positions then the next series of Phase options are adjusted west and north.  

Each Phase has a set of "victory point locations" and there is some overlap between the Phase "victory point locations".

The Phases are scripted, but the number of troops you have available in each unit carries over with your "surviving effectives" from the previous Phase. 

I'm testing; but I don't have access or insight into what Darth is planning regarding mods.