Game-Labs Forum

Fire at will?

Calvin809

Just saw the 22 minute video of gameplay and its looking awesome! My question is how does the game decide when units fire? Do individual sprites calculate load time and fire when they are ready? It seems like there are a lot of pauses in firing during the battle. It could just be the speed of the game or the size of the units represented but it would be cool to have less volleys and more of a constant fire with separate sprites shooting at different times (maybe a way to adjust hit % or something to make battles last longer also). Again...I only saw 20 min. of the game so maybe I didn't see enough yet. I really do like the gun fire and cannon effects. The best I've seen in a game. B)

• Like 1

If you watch closely when units are selected you will notice four status bars.  Green is Morale, Blue is Condition, Yellow is Cover.  Red is Reload.  

Firing is determined at the division-level when the Reload status is at 100% and there are anachronistically-long pauses with units firing exclusively in volleys.  There is nothing like "fire at will" in UGG as you correctly observed in the video posted by Darth.

My understanding is this implementation was driven by the "tablet game" design specification.

• Like 2