Game-Labs Forum

Three suggestions and comments.

Battle repair:

Between being able to full repair the ship, and being completly unable to do that, of course the first choice is the more realistic.

But none of them is historically correct. From my point of view, a balance between both options would be the best solution.

Of course it was impossible to build a new mast during  a battle, but some partial hull repairs, and sail replacement, could be included and would result more realistic.

Weather changes:

Wind shifts always backing, at a fixed rate and with a constant force. Would be nice having a less previsible wind, which direction and force change in a more realistic way.

Of course, sea state, storms, etc ... would be wellcome. But the wind issue is more important from my point of view.

Land in battle fields:

Including the nearby coasts (when in range, of course) in the battle instances would improve the strategy side of battles.

Edited by IonAguirre

1. they are going to add a system so that things slowly get repaired

2. they have stated that it is simply easier this way, especially for new players

3. it is still work in progress and i can imagine implementing something like this takes time(they are working on it however)

• Like 1

OlavDeng2.

Thanks for your answer.

Only a comment. Changing wind in a sailing ships game, is an elemental thing from my point of view. More when in the OW, it's better to keep the ship "head to wind" waiting for it to shift than tacking. That's so unreal ¡

Regards

Edited by IonAguirre

True Ion, I live near the Chesapeake bay where summer forecasts are pretty stagnant. Light and variable winds during the day with afternoon Tstorms is the norm. While modeling that would make for a great sim it would be detrimental to a game that has a different focus. I just looked at weather south and west of cuba and noted that the wind is 0-5 knots in areas and has been for hours (possibly longer as I haven't looked at the history). Not many people want to log into a fighting type game and sit becalmed, or have to sail against trade winds for days at a time.

I like sailing simulators but am very glad that the wind is unnatural in NA.