Game-Labs Forum

The valiant last stand of the HMS Phoenix!

_Masterviolin

The Phoenix deserved an honorable way to go down, and I got my opportunity today. A fleet of six Dutch Pavels appeared; thankfully, I had the wind with me when the engagement began.

The pavels, at a considerable distance had a loose ragtag line facing sideways to the wind. I had the wind directly on my back, facing the line. Now was my chance for a glorious engagement.

P5gaF6V.jpg

dRTVOdq.jpg

Forward she charged, the Pavels delivering broadsides across my bow. Damage was surprisingly light as I neared one of the 98-gun behemoths; however, six crewmen had been killed in two brutal bow-rakes. A pavel managed to come alongside my ship, and I braced; but not without presenting my own broadside in return...

bjZ2jxi.jpg

What a terrifying sight! The Dutchman fired away at my beloved frigate- splinters fell like rain upon my quarterdeck! However, I was shocked, as a second Pavel unloaded it's full broadside on me to see that my ship had taken surprisingly light damage for such a brutal beating; almost none!

1mN4CXU.jpg

I had penetrated the line. My ship gallantly powered forward, but I found myself surrounded by these deadly 2nd rates. I knew that if I was going to do anything, I needed to get out of my position! Quicky, I wore around with the line; evading a deadly broadside. The AI ships lagged behind as I began my rush through the end of the van.

The broadsides began to hurt. I hemorrhaged hull armor at a constant rate and expected to take water soon. I needed to either run, or continue my fight- to the end... 

PWZ4Ad7.jpg

I continued to absorb broadsides, and I noted that a gap had opened. I took this as a sign from the weather gods... l I quickly swung myself around with the wind in a dashing escape. A pavel blocked my way- but I was forced to take the collision in order to absorb what would have been a lethal broadside... 

l4k5DBN.jpg

Welp, now I'm nearly dead. Though I've finally fought my way through the line, I've lost almost all my armor. Surely, the end is coming! 

YGbSdSV.jpg

However, I'm not done here. I've got the wind, and the slower 2nd rates are considerably behind me. I now have the time to pop some repairs, and I'm thankfully pumping out water. Perhaps I shall survive this?

DJdf2SO.jpg

Yep! The faithful Phoenix has proven herself once again. Once more, she's survived the impossible and carried me to the end! Even with the wipe approaching near, she hasn't given up.

rGJnpjL.jpg

Here's my stats after this amazing encounter, having popped a series of repairs.

U3CD6pC.jpg

Thank you HMS Phoenix! Now, enjoy a lengthy retirements in the void in which deleted data resides.

• Like 6