Game-Labs Forum

Brigade Quality

Tomakaze

Looking through the posts, I have seen a lot on the AI as well as the effects of terrain and elevation in combat.  I don't believe I have specifically come across how brigade quality comes into play.  For example, the Iron Brigade was arguably one of the best brigades in the Union army and for that reason helped delay the Confederate army, whereas an inexperienced brigade would most likely have retreated much sooner. I remember the old Sid Meier's provided more morale. 

How is brigade quality translated in the game?

Sorry if this has been discussed, just direct me to the info.

Brigade quality takes into consideration many parameters. The most important is morale which is quite complex to describe how it works fully but simply the best units will have much more strong morale, like Iron Brigade, helping them to hold ground and withstand enemy charges. Additional parameters are efficiency, melee strength and firepower, all derived by many game parameters and modifiers.

Player will not have to calculate all these in his mind. It will just work for his units.

Don't forget Gottfried's Brigades of Gettysburg, which will give you very good insights not only into the quality of the brigades themselves, and their previous history, but also of their commanders.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...