Game-Labs Forum

Question before purchase

Stryker412

I not only want to play the game myself but would really like to use this game to showcase tactics and battles for our 6th grade students. Can I jump to certain battles? I specifically want to show them Pickett's Charge and Little Round Top. I was going to use Sid Meier's Gettysburg but that is way too dated anymore.

Also, how does the game play on an iPad 3? Leaning more towards the Steam version but might have trouble showing that off at school with no computer really having a decent graphics card.

iOS UGG is for iPad 2 and up models, so you won't have any problems with the iPad 3.

The Custom Battles scenarios are available only in PC version. By the way, PC version does not require "exotic" specs and most likely it will run in your school's PC. If you use, however, the iPad then you need to have unlocked all the 10 battle-scenarios (in iOS version, Devil's Den and Picket's charge is the 6th and 10th scenario respectively). 

Just wanted to let you know that it runs well on the Surface Pro 3. I just received a Surface 3 (non-pro) that has a different CPU chipset. I'll try it on there as well and report back. This was playing via Steam.

One cool thing is that if you play on the Surface, you get the functions of the PC game but the touch capabilities of the iPad version.

Edited by Stryker412