Game-Labs Forum

Please stop allowing the AI to override player commands

In my fleet I had a division of 2 BC's followed by 4 CL's. One of the BC's took some damage, maybe 15% or so, the game for whatever reason decides that BC needs to be in the CL division now. I notice, put it back in its original division, as soon the game resumes the AI does it again. THIS IS INFURIATING! Why??????? Please stop allowing the AI to override the player! If the AI overrides my commands what the hell is the point in playing the game? Might as well as let the AI play.

• Like 4

This AI "help" totaly breaks up battle line, causes confusion and losses and makes no sense at all. I do not see any logic in such AI actions, especially since there are no commanders.

• Like 3

Sounds like the Change Flagship, or whatever it is called, option was turned on.  When a ship sustains enough damage it will fall to the back of the division.  However, if another division is already following the original division, the ship will fall to the back of the following division instead.  This is the behavior as I know it currently.

But yes, I agree that the ships should only fall to the back of their original formation.  Additionally, AI should not override a player's commands.  If a player chooses a priority target for the guns, for example, the auto-targeting should not kick in until either the target has been sunk/surrendered or the player uses the "reset targeting" key bind.

• Like 5

What I find most disheartening is the lack of response from the development team. I can only take from this is either they simply don't care or can't be bothered to respond.

• Like 2