Game-Labs Forum

[1.6.0.5Opt2] [Code] Tweaks and Fixes v3.9.0: bugfixes, new features for players, support for modders (including new nations and better AI ship generation!)

1 hour ago, MDHansen said:

There is the afterbattle report. I don't use NAR. I have my own personal recipy :)

TUjmjJA.png

Uh, that's just a screenshot showing what you said it was showing? I believed you the first time. :P

What I need is the information to _replicate_ this problem: your flags.csv file, the flag images you're using and where you put them, the other TextAssets so I get the nation definitions, and lastly your save file from before the battle.

lol totally forgot the flags file aswell. was inbetween washing clothes, making dinner, and watching a youtube video :D

sent you a pm with a link. couldnt remember a good place to share it. and cant be bothered making accounts (used last few months to remove lots of my unnused accounts wherever they were made counting the last 2 decades 😬

edit: rabble rabble. forgot the  savefile. I'lll reupload
editMcEditson: if you know how I can change the new nation overlay colour ,let me know. It is stuck using the ungov faded colour. The nation text in events, and ships and such works

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MDHansen said:

lol totally forgot the flags file aswell. was inbetween washing clothes, making dinner, and watching a youtube video :D

sent you a pm with a link. couldnt remember a good place to share it. and cant be bothered making accounts (used last few months to remove lots of my unnused accounts wherever they were made counting the last 2 decades 😬

edit: rabble rabble. forgot the  savefile. I'lll reupload
editMcEditson: if you know how I can change the new nation overlay colour ,let me know. It is stuck using the ungov faded colour. The nation text in events, and ships and such works

Uh, do you mean different colors than `color` and `highlightColor` in the players TextAsset? Those look like standard (web-style) hex colors. What do you mean by "overlay color"? Can you post a screenshot of where that's used?

Also, haven't launched the game yet but the flags.csv is in the wrong format. The docs at the top say:

# the government types used by the game are: Monarchy, Democracy, Communists, Fascists,
# so for example:,,,,
#   britain,britain.png,britain.png,"Communists(britainCommunist.png), Democracy(britainRepublic.png)",

@name,civilFlag,navalFlag,civilGovFlags,navalGovFlags

As it shows above, for the GovFlags columns, you have to specify the flags with regard to government, you can't just have loose filenames there. If you only have one flag, just leave those columns blank. They are only for overriding the default flag for specific government cases, and are a params field. That means a comma-separated, quoted ("") set of name(value) items. The name is the government type (see above), the value is the filename to use for that government.

Regards the flags.csv. roger. I had it like that initially with the gov flags, tinkered with it and then forgot about it.

Yes the overlay i mean the highlight colour. Ive set it with hex but it doesnt compute. Same for ottomans. I can change highlight colour for allready exiting majors just fine. The color works fine

• Like 1

I'll look at the colors at some point. Fixed the flag issue (well, worked around it since I don't really have time to debug.)

In other news, added a new scrapping mechanic. Disabled for now, see Readme for details on how to enable and tune.

• Like 1

• NathanKell changed the title to [1.5.1.6] [Code] Tweaks and Fixes v3.1.0: Mark 6+ guns, Keep old-Mark guns/torps on Refit, Map modding, Better Shared Design handling, Custom Flags, redone scrapping behavior, fixed sub range checks, and more

also. I get this message lately in the log

[15:47:08.222] [TweaksAndFixes] Could not find Armaments components list!

Is it for something you added?

Also, when I updated the TaF dll to 3.1.0, my home regions got reset and dont count as home in my savegame. Going back to 3.0.0 savegame works fine

Edited by MDHansen

15 hours ago, MDHansen said:

also. I get this message lately in the log

[15:47:08.222] [TweaksAndFixes] Could not find Armaments components list!

Is it for something you added?

Also, when I updated the TaF dll to 3.1.0, my home regions got reset and dont count as home in my savegame. Going back to 3.0.0 savegame works fine

Yes, that's part of the "keep old model guns" feature, I have to find the Armaments subsection of the Components section of the UI. The code runs whenever the UI refreshes, and if the constructor isn't live it can fail to find the stuff it needs to bind to. It's harmless. Made it only show up when it's actually bad.

I had a bug in my config loading so the override stuff wasn't getting enabled. Pushed 3.1.1 with that fixed.

• Like 1

• NathanKell changed the title to [1.5.1.6] [Code] Tweaks and Fixes v3.1.1: Mark 6+ guns, Keep old-Mark guns/torps on Refit, Map modding, Better Shared Design handling, Custom Flags, redone scrapping behavior, fixed sub range checks, and more

I've had a look at the highlight colour. Apparently it seems to be hardcoded(?), Norway and Ottoman being medium/minors originally. I tried to change colours of default/minor and ungov, and it doesn't register, they stay on their original highlight colour.
I can however change the original majors highligh colours.

EDIT: home region still not good with 3.1.1.
AnotherEdit: funny little thing. Playing my ongoing campaign with 3.0.0.dll, ships wont shoot in battle as guns is getting the "angle" error every 2-3 secs and log spammed with [Unity] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary for every gun on every ship in battle getting the "angle" error.
Now, updating to 3.1.1.dll, everything in battle is a-ok. But, as I said earlier, home regions do not work as intended.
I haven't edited any files inbetween the .dll shifts
YetAnotherEdit: Can confirm the flag in the afterbattle report works 👍
LolsEdit: so... continuing the story; after a bit back and forth, i noticed the log said everything TaF loading fine, but, when entering the save it said could not load portsDump and provincesDump. So I thought, heck what is it to loose. Renamed ports and provinces to previous mentioned names, and slam, bam, thank you mam, it works. Norwegian and Ottoman home provinces working as intended
Battles works as intended aswell, no "KeyNotFoundException" (wich was probably an issue going back and forth between TaF 3.0.0. and 3.1.1.)

Edited by MDHansen

Thanks for adding the loose file loading!  It makes doing my own tweaks to NAR immeasurably easier.

As to the gun marks being kept, in Custom Battles and Shared Designs all guns are Mark 1 no matter the year.  Am I missing some way to upgrade them to modern tech?

EDIT: None of the gun techs seem to be applying, such as twin and triple barrels, or even larger caliber guns.

Edited by SpardaSon21

Q: would it be possible to find a way to -discourage- BB/BC to use underwater torpedo tubes?
I've disable the larger ships from using deck torpedoes, and somewhat restricted CL by increasing the no-build area around the launchers.
But it irks me that BB uses underwaater tubes. In some cases probably historically correct, but I don't care too much for that. I wan't BB and BC to stay at range not come against me gung-ho style.
I did for some time up the tonnage of the tubes (150.000t), but that restricted all vessels.

Maybe do it the same way you did engines? I've made sets of engines to be used by tb/dd and cl/ca only, and it works a charm

PSA to anyone using this on the 1.6 beta branch. Last update messed ships up. I assume devs did something related to hulls and interferes with Nathans TaF regards to the constructor and/or  randParts/randPartsRefit.

I am not asking you to update your TaF specifically for the beta branch, just an information for others if they use it. I've downgraded the game to 1.6 u7 and it works fine again.
https://steamdb.info/depot/1069661/manifests/ version numbers, latest (upd8 aug.8) on top.
WIN+R add "steam://open/console" -> copy "download_depot 1069660 1069661 2296326980983681553" in to the bottom of the console. Hit enter and wait, steam downloads stealthy and wont give a message before it's done. go to the folder adresse steam gives (should be somewhere in Program Files (x86)) and copy the content of that folder in to your UAD main folder (where the .exe is)

Edited by MDHansen

• NathanKell changed the title to [1.5.1.6] [Code] Tweaks and Fixes v3.1.2: Mark 6+ guns, Keep old-Mark guns/torps on Refit, Map modding, Better Shared Design handling, Custom Flags, redone scrapping behavior, fixed sub range checks, and more
On 8/8/2024 at 3:24 AM, MDHansen said:

I've had a look at the highlight colour. Apparently it seems to be hardcoded(?), Norway and Ottoman being medium/minors originally. I tried to change colours of default/minor and ungov, and it doesn't register, they stay on their original highlight colour.

AnotherEdit: funny little thing. Playing my ongoing campaign with 3.0.0.dll, ships wont shoot in battle as guns is getting the "angle" error every 2-3 secs and log spammed with [Unity] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary for every gun on every ship in battle getting the "angle" error.
Now, updating to 3.1.1.dll, everything in battle is a-ok. But, as I said earlier, home regions do not work as intended.
LolsEdit: so... continuing the story; after a bit back and forth, i noticed the log said everything TaF loading fine, but, when entering the save it said could not load portsDump and provincesDump. So I thought, heck what is it to loose. Renamed ports and provinces to previous mentioned names, and slam, bam, thank you mam, it works. Norwegian and Ottoman home provinces working as intended
Battles works as intended aswell, no "KeyNotFoundException" (wich was probably an issue going back and forth between TaF 3.0.0. and 3.1.1.)

I will have another look at colors when I have a chance. As I mentioned before, though, please post a screenshot showing the color you mean / where it's used. Thanks!

17 hours ago, MDHansen said:

Q: would it be possible to find a way to -discourage- BB/BC to use underwater torpedo tubes?
I've disable the larger ships from using deck torpedoes, and somewhat restricted CL by increasing the no-build area around the launchers.
But it irks me that BB uses underwaater tubes. In some cases probably historically correct, but I don't care too much for that. I wan't BB and BC to stay at range not come against me gung-ho style.
I did for some time up the tonnage of the tubes (150.000t), but that restricted all vessels.

Maybe do it the same way you did engines? I've made sets of engines to be used by tb/dd and cl/ca only, and it works a charm

There's no need for code for this. Just add "allowTorpedoes" as a param to all hulls you want to allow torpedoes on, and make each torpedo part have "allowTorpedoes" in a need() block (add to an existing one if there's already one).

On 8/8/2024 at 12:54 PM, SpardaSon21 said:

Thanks for adding the loose file loading!  It makes doing my own tweaks to NAR immeasurably easier.

As to the gun marks being kept, in Custom Battles and Shared Designs all guns are Mark 1 no matter the year.  Am I missing some way to upgrade them to modern tech?

EDIT: None of the gun techs seem to be applying, such as twin and triple barrels, or even larger caliber guns.

Crap. I'll look at that as soon as I have a chance. Are you still on 1.5.1.6 or have you upgrade to 1.6? This doesn't work on 1.6, probably not even the versions before the one @MDHansendescribes below.

16 hours ago, MDHansen said:

PSA to anyone using this on the 1.6 beta branch. Last update messed ships up. I assume devs did something related to hulls and interferes with Nathans TaF regards to the constructor and/or  randParts/randPartsRefit.

I am not asking you to update your TaF specifically for the beta branch, just an information for others if they use it. I've downgraded the game to 1.6 u7 and it works fine again.
https://steamdb.info/depot/1069661/manifests/ version numbers, latest (upd8 aug.8) on top.
WIN+R add "steam://open/console" -> copy "download_depot 1069660 1069661 2296326980983681553" in to the bottom of the console. Hit enter and wait, steam downloads stealthy and wont give a message before it's done. go to the folder adresse steam gives (should be somewhere in Program Files (x86)) and copy the content of that folder in to your UAD main folder (where the .exe is)

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 3:24 AM, MDHansen said:

Haven't had a chance to update to 1.6 and likely won't until Mon/Tues at the earliest. But did have a few minutes to figure out the color thing. Should be fixed now.

• Like 1

• NathanKell changed the title to [1.5.1.6] [Code] Tweaks and Fixes v3.1.3: Mark 6+ guns, Keep old-Mark guns/torps on Refit, Map modding, Better Shared Design handling, Custom Flags, redone scrapping behavior, fixed sub range checks, and more
10 hours ago, NathanKell said:

I will have another look at colors when I have a chance. As I mentioned before, though, please post a screenshot showing the color you mean / where it's used. Thanks!

There's no need for code for this. Just add "allowTorpedoes" as a param to all hulls you want to allow torpedoes on, and make each torpedo part have "allowTorpedoes" in a need() block (add to an existing one if there's already one).

You fixed the colours before I could add a screenie, so thanks :D the allowtorpeodes, is it part of something you allready did, or was it always there?

4 hours ago, MDHansen said:

You fixed the colours before I could add a screenie, so thanks :D the allowtorpeodes, is it part of something you allready did, or was it always there?

That's just normal modding of the game text files. There's nothing special about `allowtorpedoes`, parts are available for ships when a hull has a given name in its param that matches the same name in a need() block in the part's param. You can check the various mods for how to set part avaialability for hulls :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Crap. I'll look at that as soon as I have a chance. Are you still on 1.5.1.6 or have you upgrade to 1.6? This doesn't work on 1.6, probably not even the versions before the one @MDHansendescribes below.

Still 1.5.1.6 I'm afraid.  I don't play the beta versions since they change up so much about them.

On 8/10/2024 at 12:58 PM, SpardaSon21 said:

Still 1.5.1.6 I'm afraid.  I don't play the beta versions since they change up so much about them.

I will definitely need complete repro steps then. Exactly what did you do to cause the issue and how does it present? And do you have any other mods installed? Because as I said, I could not reproduce it myself.

• NathanKell changed the title to [1.6] [Code] Tweaks and Fixes v3.2.0: Mark 6+ guns, Keep old-Mark guns/torps on Refit, Map modding, Better Shared Design handling, Custom Flags, redone scrapping behavior, fixed sub range checks, and more
On 8/14/2024 at 9:38 PM, NathanKell said:

I will definitely need complete repro steps then. Exactly what did you do to cause the issue and how does it present? And do you have any other mods installed? Because as I said, I could not reproduce it myself.

Ah, I found the problem.  It was a bug in the last edition of NAR. O Barao had accidentally used commas instead of semicolons for those techs.

• Like 1

quick question. I have activated ship scrapping behaviour, but it still says (ML logs) that it is disabled.
[13:57:34.442] [TweaksAndFixes] New Scrapping behavior: Disabled
then, params looks like this; (don't mind too much the numbers, I've put some in to get it started)

taf_scrap_enable 1
min_fleet_tonnage_for_scrap 1
taf_scrap_useOnlyShipAge 1
taf_scrap_hysteresisMult 2.5
taf_scrap_capacityExponent 5
taf_scrap_scrapTargetBaseMothball 200000
taf_scrap_capacityCoeffMothball 1
taf_scrap_scrapTargetBaseMain 400000
taf_scrap_capacityCoeffMain 2
taf_scrap_scrapTargetBaseTotal 800000
taf_scrap_capacityCoeffTotal 2
taf_scrap_multToScrapRequiredVsShipTng 20000

11 hours ago, MDHansen said:

quick question. I have activated ship scrapping behaviour, but it still says (ML logs) that it is disabled.
[13:57:34.442] [TweaksAndFixes] New Scrapping behavior: Disabled
then, params looks like this; (don't mind too much the numbers, I've put some in to get it started)

taf_scrap_enable 1
min_fleet_tonnage_for_scrap 1
taf_scrap_useOnlyShipAge 1
taf_scrap_hysteresisMult 2.5
taf_scrap_capacityExponent 5
taf_scrap_scrapTargetBaseMothball 200000
taf_scrap_capacityCoeffMothball 1
taf_scrap_scrapTargetBaseMain 400000
taf_scrap_capacityCoeffMain 2
taf_scrap_scrapTargetBaseTotal 800000
taf_scrap_capacityCoeffTotal 2
taf_scrap_multToScrapRequiredVsShipTng 20000

[17:00:26.124] [TweaksAndFixes] New Scrapping behavior: Enabled

I get that from adding this line:

taf_scrap_enable,1,scrapping,,,,,,,

My guess is there's a typo somewhere in your params file.