Game-Labs Forum

Issue with filed editing

I converted my 1890 campaign to the json file, edited it using the JSON editor changed the stuff i wanted (tech and money). Replaced the old json save file in my locallow folder with the newly edited one and nothing changes in the campaign its still like it was the original 1890s campaign not even my money has changed. Used to have no issues so what gives?

This is my process:

1)start campaign
2)save game
3)click on file converter in top left
4)convert save .bin file to json file
5)exit game
6)open chrome and use json editor
7)open save .json file from gamelabs in the locallow file
8)edit files using .json editor on internet and save
9)drag the edited save file to the game labs file
10)click replace files
11)open game and click continue campaign and load the save
12)enjoy the edited files

This is my process i have done many times before. Now it doesnt work for instance starting 1900 japan edited files gave my self 1000000000000 in cash loaded in the game and i still have the standard starting amount. So where have i gone wrong as this has always worked before am i missing a step?

Edited by Kiknurazz91

convert
open with visual studio code, sublime, notepad++ etc. (vsc/sublime loads and reads the file much much quicker)
edit what you need
save
reconvert ingame

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1

jsoneditoronline?

I checked it now, and no, for some reason it won't save changes when I edit in "tree", but it works when editing in "table"

I hope it'll get fixed, it didn't use to be an issue before.

5 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

jsoneditoronline?

I checked it now, and no, for some reason it won't save changes when I edit in "tree", but it works when editing in "table"

I hope it'll get fixed, it didn't use to be an issue before.

so i need to view it in table form and save it in that view?

Ok update got the cash and stuff to work but i started a campaign in 1940 and transferred all tech to my 1900 campaign now when i open my 1900 campaign the shipbuilder shows nothing. Never had a problem before i love to build Yamato BBs in 1900 so this sucks. I copied technologies from my 1940 save and pasted them over the 1900s tech did i do something wrong?