Game-Labs Forum

Microsoft C++ Restart Loop

Robey-Wan Kenobi

While trying to install the game I managed to get the installer started but then every time I try to install the game from the launcher it doesn't get past 5% before asking if I want to allow Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable to make changes and then needs to repair. After that it has me restart my PC and start the process all over again.

On 2/7/2024 at 3:38 PM, Robey-Wan Kenobi said:

While trying to install the game I managed to get the installer started but then every time I try to install the game from the launcher it doesn't get past 5% before asking if I want to allow Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable to make changes and then needs to repair. After that it has me restart my PC and start the process all over again.

Greetings General.

Please try to install the latest version directly from the Microsoft website: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 3:12 PM, Ink said:

Greetings General.

Please try to install the latest version directly from the Microsoft website: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

I have the same problem. I installed the C++ Redistributable that you linked but everytime i try to install the game the cue to install it still shows up and no matter which option i choose it will cancel the installation at 5%.

image.png.6710c4f92689cf1700625f333adb904c.png

I had the same problem and tried downloading the version from the microsoft website. Now the installer tells me, there's another version of the same program and when i quit the launcher stops the download.

After uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++, including older versions, it successfully finishes the setup - and the launcher still stops the download

Edit: After several attempts it has now finally worked. Only thing I did differently was clicking the "Cancel Installing" Button and then "Continue" while the Setup was still running. Maybe that somehow convinced the launcher to install my game. Maybe it's mere coincidence. But maybe this'll help someone else who encounters the same problem.

Edited by PhoenixMW
Problem Resolved itself somehow

• 2 months later...

I am now completely desperate after countless attempts and variations of installation. Who can help?

The same story over and over again:

After I bought the General Edition , I was able to test the game. After the launcher only wanted to perform the update with a new installation, I saved the savegames and wanted to reinstall.

The result was an endless loop that looks like this:

Programme starts download

after 5% the message for Microsoft-Visual C++ appears

No matter which option I select, the installation is cancelled

Either a restart of the PC is requested, with which the installation starts again from the beginning

or it is cancelled, which also starts the installation from the beginning.

An endless loop

After the hint from INK to install the new version of VC, it ends like this:

I install the newest version VC with the ending number -135.

After that in installing the game, by 5%mark it will install VC with the ending number -130.

If I do this, it crashes and the installation is canceled.

If I do not do this, the installation is canceled.

How can a game exist that aborts the installation during the installation of a small subprogram when it is finished. This leads to a catastrophe when the game is released...

How should we solve the problem?

On 4/19/2024 at 9:11 PM, Kings German Legion 2LB said:

I am now completely desperate after countless attempts and variations of installation. Who can help?

The same story over and over again:

After I bought the General Edition , I was able to test the game. After the launcher only wanted to perform the update with a new installation, I saved the savegames and wanted to reinstall.

The result was an endless loop that looks like this:

Programme starts download

after 5% the message for Microsoft-Visual C++ appears

No matter which option I select, the installation is cancelled

Either a restart of the PC is requested, with which the installation starts again from the beginning

or it is cancelled, which also starts the installation from the beginning.

An endless loop

After the hint from INK to install the new version of VC, it ends like this:

I install the newest version VC with the ending number -135.

After that in installing the game, by 5%mark it will install VC with the ending number -130.

If I do this, it crashes and the installation is canceled.

If I do not do this, the installation is canceled.

How can a game exist that aborts the installation during the installation of a small subprogram when it is finished. This leads to a catastrophe when the game is released...

How should we solve the problem?

Admiral, please check private forum message