Game-Labs Forum

How to adjust build and refit times?

elkev

I like modernizing a lot of my old designs and the old method of doing refit design (1) and then making the next refit design (2) with +0.1 knots to get a 1-3 month refit by skipping refit (1) has been removed/fixed.

Anyone know where I would mod the refit and/or build times?

I have already removed the "obsolete" line so I can build TB in 1940 if I so desired but would love to get refit and build times down as well.

Thanks in advance.

In the params-resources file you have

#,,Ship Build/Repair/Refit,,,,,,,
refit_cost_mult,0.5,refit cost (multiplier to build cost),,,,,,,
refit_simple_mult,0.04,standard refit_cost_mult and refit_time_mult if no added on refit ship new Parts,,,,,,,
refit_time_simple_mult,0.02,refit simple construction time mod,,,,,,,
refit_time_mult,0.3,refit time (multiplier to build time),,,,,,,
refit_time_modifier,0.2,For New Calculate Refit Time,,,,,,,
refit_min_speed_threshold_decrease,0.275,Multiplier for minimum speed on Auto-Refit.,,,,,,,

• Like 1

Thanks a bunch.

Took a few tries to get it mostly where I wanted it and the changes only effect new build and refit designs as existing saved designs and refits have the construction times locked in.

It was stupid before as I had a refit #7 on a CA I like with a 30 month construction time yet removing the "obsolete" code and building that same ship from scratch only took 21 months in comparison. Now it's a 10 month refit which is much more reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

what were the values you used elkev?

I am trying to get rid of the extra 1 month tacked on for each consecutive variant.

Taking these to 0 did not help.

refit_simple_mult,0.0,standard refit_cost_mult and refit_time_mult if no added on refit ship new Parts,,,,,,,
refit_time_simple_mult,0.0,refit simple construction time mod,,,,,,,

Wish I could tell you Lamb Chop.

My mod worked fine till it was undone by a subsequent patch and I just lived with it for a while till trying to do a refit #6 on a CA I like and the only change was going from MK4 to MK5 8" guns and it told me it would be a 19 month refit.

Did the same changes I did last time and the refit time only dropped to 18 months.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:22 AM, elkev said:

Wish I could tell you Lamb Chop.

My mod worked fine till it was undone by a subsequent patch and I just lived with it for a while till trying to do a refit #6 on a CA I like and the only change was going from MK4 to MK5 8" guns and it told me it would be a 19 month refit.

Did the same changes I did last time and the refit time only dropped to 18 months.

Yeah I think the last patch changed the mechanics somehow and it is taking the iteration number into consideration somehow...

Play Style tip, workaround I have found...

Keep the original design and do a refit from that one...