Game-Labs Forum

Frustrated by AI not engaging or being engaged by my ships

McGib

Got the game during the Steam Christmas sale and I've been enjoying it for the most part but the AI not being engaged by my nearby ships is driving me crazy.

I'm about to have my third or fourth naval invasion fail because 1 or 2 enemy ships sit in the mission circle and are not engaged by my fleets. In some cases the icon of the enemy ships is barely visible underneath my ships icon. I've tried moving my fleets around within the circle to try and prompt an engagement but nothing happens. And no my ships have not been involved in other missions during the same turn.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Doing another invasion, 50% chance of success so I moved another 100 000 tons of ships in and now my chance is 40%??????? And I've looked there are no enemy ships around or in port! This makes no sense.image.thumb.jpeg.01a09b57f067ddf210cf88a8dce7d783.jpeg

what makes less sense is watching how the AI deals with invasion targets. Trying to take a port with 2 row boats, a yoghurt pot and half empty syrup tin. I've had instances when I've been able to hit that very same port the following month, and need 4 million tons to have 100% chance to succeed. Frustration is having three seriously powerful fleets blocaded in port by a pair of cruisers; my fleets can't move through their "force field" circles despite outnumbering and out gunning them by orders of magnitude.

Yet we're told the AI's governed by the same rules and restrictions we are... <-- (insert sceptical cough here)

I'll agree ai invading is a bit random if they manage to bring what is needed. Though I do see several invasions succeed in my games.

Regards to not being able to move out of port or being constrained by a smaller fleet;
If in port, move the fleet just out of port, should initiate a battle next turn ("Meeting")
If at sea and a smaller fleet blocks the path (canal), just move tf in to the ai fleet zone, should initiate a battle next turn ("Meeting")

I can reproduce all these 100/100 times, unless ofc ai moves away same turn as an example