Game-Labs Forum

How to mod UAD (resources.asset - TextAsset)

MDHansen

Hello

I will try to write a very quick little guide to open, extract, edit and import back files in the resources.asset file in the "Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts_Data" folder

https://github.com/nesrak1/UABEA/releases/tag/v6 dl and install this program

**make a copy of your resources.asset file** , that or just validate the game if something happens

-Run UABEA
-choose file and open the resources.asset file
-ctrl+e, deselct all and select "textAsset" at the bottom
-highlight the file you want to edit
--open "plugins" on the right side and export
-Open the file in notepad++ or as a csv (params I find best edited in notepad++, others I choose OOcalc (make sure to choose "comma" as seperator when asked))
-save the file when done, highlight <name> in UABEA and choose "plugins" and import.
-save/save as

Other modders let me know if I am missing something completely obvious here😬

Happy modding
MDH

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, admiral_admirer said:

Also: Is there a way to hard cap the AI top speed on their ships?

I am unsure if there is a hard cap on ship speeds. There is a limiter per ship in parts-resources.assets, but I believe that refers to the size/weight of the engines as you go over that limit

3 minutes ago, MDHansen said:

I am unsure if there is a hard cap on ship speeds. There is a limiter per ship in parts-resources.assets, but I believe that refers to the size/weight of the engines as you go over that limit

There is in shipTypes, but it looks universal.  All I'm looking to do is put an end to AI running away.  If I can't stop them from doing that, at least I hope to reduce their speed to be just a bit below my comparative ship classes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CenturionsofRome said:

Does anyone know how to increase the chance of invading minor nations?

There is a few parameters to tweak for this. I also believe, not confirmed, this is tied to the event system ("Nicaraguas new leader" etc), wich is not found in the "events" file to my knowledge. Thus, increasing event chance per turn will help, but will also clog up the system when the ai gets more events aswell, and that will make relations go haywire.

so... in params-resources.assets we got this
major_offensive_attack_ratio_minor,1,,,,,,,, (0.25 vanilla)
#,,Events,,,,,,,
event_chance_happen_two,8,chance each turn to happen 2 events,0,,,,,, (5 vanilla)
event_chance_happen_one,21,chance each turn to happen 1 events,45,20,,,,, (15 vanilla)

then there is players-resources.assets
image.thumb.png.3886052344a22224dd8f9bfffd44a7f4.png
image.thumb.png.094353e0fb03b7b5147d49ff4218acb3.png

vanilla numbers are 1 and 0.25 respectfully

Edited by MDHansen