Game-Labs Forum

Auto-Design feedback

Lima

Let's start with this new interwar heavy cruiser hull. Many nations have it, and AI isn't able to properly balance it at the moment. Below you can see two *different* AI projects on this hull and the refit of the second project.

at1.png

at2.png

at3.png

As you can see, in all three attempts of AI to create a ship, it turned out to be just a terrible fore weight offset.

I believe that it is possible to properly balance this hull, as has been done with hulls like this

At4.png

It might look like this

at5.png

For example, here's what happens with auto-design at the moment.

at6.png

Speed of interwar cruisers

Now, I'm not sure, maybe it was fixed in the last update. However, so far in my campaign, the speed of AI interwar and modern cruisers has been simply terrible. Above you could see the French attempts.

Initially, the speed of this Italian cruiser was 20 knots. After 5 refits, she got this speed. And that was fine...

at7.png

But the newest Italian cruiser has returned to turtle speed

at8.png

The US original design

at90.png

(1932) refit version

at9.png

British Turtle Champion

at10.png

Japanese cruisers had a speed of 20-24 knots, but I don't have screenshots right now, trust me bro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to capture this ship. They were usually destroyed in the first seconds of battle, obviously because of this 0 main belt. If it wasn't for this strange decision, it would have been a decent interwar CL.

BrCl.png