Game-Labs Forum

There are a lot of issues in your game..

Anna

My biggest gripe is that I see an enemy who puts 5 capital ships in one fleet, so I build a task force with 5 capital ships to counter it, and rather the game forces a battle scenario upon me which parses out just one of my battleships to fight 5 which defeats the entire purpose of me assembling the task force to do battle. 

Theres also the problem such as where a my ship is unable to keep pace with an enemy ship thats 2-3 knots slower.

Then there is the issue of not being able to have some gun turrets be two barreled and others 3 without a penalty to gunnery. As long as they are all the same caliber. The Nevada class had this arrangement of 3 barrels on the lower turrets and two on the superimposed as a weight saving measure and did not suffer from any accuracy issues.

There is also the major issue of magazines exploding on one end of the ship which takes out all of the ammunition for the turrets on the other end too. What, is there a flash fire going through the engine room and all? The whole purpose of separating turrets on ships was so that a magazine fire wouldn't take out all of a ships firepower. The biggest criticism of the Rodney and Nelson was that they had all their turrets together and one good hit could take them all out. Your game mechanics work to defeat actual things that were done historically in battleship designs. And the enemy designs some really stupid crazy stuff that probably never would have realistically existed. Turrets way up in the bow where its way too thin to have an effective citadel. Weird mixed armaments of 12 and 8 inch guns in the 1940 era.  

All your armor thicknesses are wrong and how on this green earth can a 7.5 inch cruiser gun get a partial penetration on a 15 inch armor belt? On what planet does this happen? The Yamato had a 16 inch belt so does that mean in your world an 8 inch gunned cruiser can take out the Yamato maybe? 

12 hours ago, Anna said:

Then there is the issue of not being able to have some gun turrets be two barreled and others 3 without a penalty to gunnery. As long as they are all the same caliber. The Nevada class had this arrangement of 3 barrels on the lower turrets and two on the superimposed as a weight saving measure and did not suffer from any accuracy issues.

All multiple gun barrel turrets suffer from this. Some more, others less. It is correct.

12 hours ago, Anna said:

On what planet does this happen? The Yamato had a 16 inch belt so does that mean in your world an 8 inch gunned cruiser can take out the Yamato maybe?

On planet earth. I think you also live here, right?

UhmqKth.png

The best 8" made by the Americans in WWII. As you can see, if used at very close ranges at 90-degree angle, it has more than enough penetration power to defeat the Yamato belt armor.

• Like 3