Game-Labs Forum

Ultimate General: American Revolution trailer

colonel1689

Okay, so as a YouTuber myself, I was wondering is this an unlisted video?

The account is by "simonjons1" but it has no videos listed. Youtube search won't find it, but I can embed it to other forums.

I wanted to PM you colonel, but the PM feature does not work on Game-Labs forums.

Are you part of the Dev team?

On 6/15/2023 at 1:59 PM, LAVA said:

The account is by "simonjons1" but it has no videos listed. Youtube search won't find it, but I can embed it to other forums.

I wanted to PM you colonel, but the PM feature does not work on Game-Labs forums.

The link to the unlisted video was posted by Sterner on the age of sail discord. He's used that account to post other videos in the past. 

Not sure why this didn't get posted on a more official account.

Edited by pandakraut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i acquired all the ultimate general games and in each game the improvement is evident.

i come from playing a game series that we all know, I like high strategy, but this series always lacked depth in its boring and generalist campaigns.

lately this game saga is releasing historical titles with more mechanics and historical depth, but it still does not reach the depth of this general ultimate.

another important aspect is that in the ultimate general we can recreate the battles on a scale with all the troops with its game system and in that saga large battles cannot be recreated.

I am glad that a competitor has emerged and they are getting to work on improving the games of that saga with more historicity and depth, adding high strategy mechanics, such as historical events and other immersive historical aspects for the campaign.

i liked this general ultimate more, because it has a strategic map where you can move your armies, you can do many things that a country has to do in a war, such as resources and everything within a historical logic, with historical events and historical decisions and dilemmas that give depth to the campaign and do not become boring.

i'm going to say a thing about the game that I didn't like, but that can still be added, with the hope that the game improves.

they could improve the issue of the variety and type of uniforms and historical units to make the battles more historically realistic,i know that in this aspect the ultimates have improved a lot, compared to the previous ones, in detail of the uniforms, variety, historicity and animations, but the historical variety of the types of units can be improved further.

i really liked this game, with the amount of new mechanics added, which should continue for future games.

the key to why this game is excellent is that it has a historical campaign, with high strategy aspects, that does not cover many years, you cannot make a game of the entire history of Rome with many factions, because the campaign is generalist It becomes boring and loses its historicity.

i hope that future ultimates cover specific historical periods, as they have done until now.

the ultimate general American revolution has a system of the passage of time on the realistic strategic map and should continue like this for future games.

it is another reason not to make games with campaigns that last many years and without a specific historical period.

i'm going to give some historical periods that I think would be excellent games for general ultimates.

the napoleonic period that goes from Napoleon's coronation as emperor to his defeat at Waterloo, leaving several more years of campaigning in case it is frncia who wins the campaign.

with this Napoleonic historical period, they are going to have to be thoroughly used in the design of uniforms, only the French side, there are line infantry and its variants, light infantry, imperial guard and its variants, cuirassiers, dragons, carabinieri, hussars , lancers, horse hunters and historical and emblematic units such as the queen's dragons of the imperial guard. the Polish lancers, the artillery of the imperial guard, just to mention France, thinking about England and other factions, this game could It will take longer to launch, but it has a period of a few more years for this ultimate, but within the margin of the real-time game system.

another ultimate future could be the english civil War with emblematic and historical generals like cromwel,with another system of fighting and military organization of pikes and muskets.

within the historical period of pikes and muskets, for another ultimate it could be the 30 years war.

Completely varying the fighting system so as not to saturate customers, another future ultimate general could be the Second Punic War, with such emblematic generals as Hannibal Barca, Scipio among many others from that period.

the roman civil war between caesar and pompey.

the conquest of gaul by cesar.

alexander the great's campaign against Persia and India, which with the ultimates battle game system, the great Persian armies can be represented to scale on the battlefield.

the war of the kingdom of pontus against rome.

there are many historical periods.

i'm waiting for this game to be released for steam, soon.

On 6/15/2023 at 6:59 PM, LAVA said:

Hope you will be making some great videos on YT like you did with UG:CW 😊

• Like 1