Game-Labs Forum

NAR BETA 3.0.3 "Major Powers update" for UAD 1.6.0.6 opt x4

o Barão

On 10/13/2024 at 5:21 PM, o Barão said:

---Mod status update---

"The good"

• Hundreds of towers and funnels stats are being edited, mostly related to modern cruisers era, to fix the issue where it is possible to see a tower in a cruiser with a weight of thousands tons, totally unrealistic. Now, everything related to cruisers towers should be in hundreds tons scale. Some towers were removed and others added to improve the design language for some ships. Some tower's size changed to look more realistic. W.I.P.
  • Torpedo boats realism improvements: Torpedo size limit to 21", a tonnage increased in 1935 to 1300 tons.
  • Destroyers double turrets will be unlocked now in 1926.
  • Since I can now limit the AI guns per hull, thanks to Taf mod, I can order the AI to always use big guns when possible. No more BBs with 9" guns in theory. *Needs more testing.
  • Hidden bonus research value for all AI nations set to a generic value to prevent cheating. *Needs testing.
  • Research bonus to the AI nations in higher difficulties removed from the mod, now the AI will only get an income buff.
  • VP from sinking transports rebalanced to prevent easy wins.
  • The tension modifier from our allies in relation with our enemies disabled in the mod. With the new Taf changes to how alliances work, this modifier should be irrelevant now.
  • The ship batch generator from Nathan Kell is amazing. I manage to create around 6800 ships from 1890-1910 for testing purposes in one night, however there is a big problem. *More below.

e5n9LZZ.jpeg

• I created a ship design style for the AI to follow so it can make a design for the american Experimental Dreadnought I hull (impossible in the current public mod version). However I still don't discover how to prevent the AI to use main guns on the sides, that is why I am forcing the AI to use a negative beam value in this hull, but I hope to learn more about how the AI designs ships so it can improve the design language in the future.

"The bad"

• I am failing to find a way to make Britain to start the campaign with more ships.

"The ugly"

• Where the Taf ship generator is amazing to create thousands of ships to speed up the campaign/turn loading times, I am still seeing this bug in some ships.

LRueuen.jpeg

This is an old bug from my experience in using the shared designs mechanic in the past. At this point, I don't know if it is something related to the mod that is causing a conflict or if is a bug from vanilla game. I will need to run more tests to find more about this and to see if it is possible to fix it.

If not possible to fix it well, fast campaign loading times with the mod will only be a dream.:(

Hi there, I can't install your mod. I commented before that I was doing it correctly based on the install instructions but it does not load correctly even with melonloader installed. Is there an installation tutorial video? What am I doing wrong? Thanks. 

Ok, now this is getting ridiculous. Installed the latest TaF file, hoping that I could access my Argentina campaign again, but nah.. it didn't work. So, I started a new campaign, and not even into the 1900s, I got this "White Peace" notification that put me in a soft lock. 

This "missingparams" thing is getting out of hand. I hope this gets fixed soon... 

Screenshot (977).png

1 hour ago, visitor223 said:

This "missingparams" thing is getting out of hand. I hope this gets fixed soon... 

Works fine for me.
Open the params file with a text editor, you might have a space before the first comma. This can happen when editing the file in a csv program.
e.g
peace_min_vp_difference ,15000,minimum VP difference from enemy to trigger Peace Negotiations Event,15000,,,,,,

Edited by MDHansen

1 hour ago, MDHansen said:

there is also a new TaF up on github. 3.16.1, that fixes the peace bug

thats the version im currently running and it is still an occurring issue even with a new campaign. 

Edited by Fyredrake

hm... it fixed itself in my current save, with 3.16.1.

Also, I appeared to have adopted back the "peace_min_vp_difference"  I fixed previously (my issue was a space before a comma). So could be completely unrelated to my comma-error...

😝

Edited by MDHansen

---Mod status update---

7799fBn.jpeg

• I finally found the modifier responsible to prevent small secondaries to come too close to the main guns or torpedoes along the Z line. This change should make it impossible to see AI designs where the main gun's firing arcs are being blocked by secondaries placed in the deck. (secondaries mounted in the towers are ignored)
  • This is applied to both the AI and the player.
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, MDHansen said:

hm... it fixed itself in my current save, with 3.16.1.

Also, I appeared to have adopted back the "peace_min_vp_difference"  I fixed previously (my issue was a space before a comma). So could be completely unrelated to my comma-error...

😝

I think I need to take a break from the game because the constant updates are really frustrating me to an extent xD, id like for it to just work and me not have to fight with mod versions and game updates constantly occurring.