Game-Labs Forum

NAR BETA 3 "Major Powers update" for UAD 1.6.0.6 opt x3

o Barão

2 hours ago, o Barão said:

What is the most or less weird thing?

1.  To have specific hulls in game that you can use to exploit the game?
  2.  To know that now it is impossible to exploit the resistance modifier?

I just show above an example that in vanilla a 4000 tons DD can have an higher resistance value than a super 100000 tons BB. Is this not weird enough for you?

Yeah I actually think preserving national flavors and specific build philosophies over hundreds of hulls is preferable to your current solution to an exploit you can just not do if you don’t want to.  Also, it seems panzergraf and Nick have been somewhat productive in the official thread about reporting and correcting this issue, so doing literally nothing and waiting may have saved a lot of time for you anyway.  I’m not trying to be mean it just seems like an overzealous change that is throwing the baby out with the bath water.  Now all the hulls that were designed for something other than resistance as a priority are flatly better than all the others.  That just doesn’t seem better than just living with an exploit for a bit.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Северная said:

Yeah I actually think preserving national flavors

There are no national flavors ingame regarding hull stats. The nation flavor come from the 3D hulls/components models. Even the tech tree is the same for all nations.

23 minutes ago, Северная said:

Also, it seems panzergraf and Nick have been somewhat productive in the official thread about reporting and correcting this issue, so doing literally nothing and waiting may have saved a lot of time for you anyway.

This game is now 5 years old and this exploit was not discovered this week (spoiler: it is a really old know issue) and even if the devs fix the issue, I would still need to update 507 hull stats manually one by one.  It would not save anything.

34 minutes ago, Северная said:

Now all the hulls that were designed for something other than resistance as a priority are flatly better than all the others.  That just doesn’t seem better than just living with an exploit for a bit.

A simple list:

• I fixed an old exploit.
  • I made all ships classes endurance differences to feel more realistic.
  • A player can still tweak the hull endurance by increasing the displacement.
  • Made the life much easier now for all the modders that wish to tweak the gun damage and torpedo damage per ship class by editing the stats in the shipTypes for the simple reason, what they will see in battle, is very close to what will happen with others ships from the same class.

But you prefer the old system, where it is possible to see invulnerable ship in action or if not that to fighting for a long time, taking multiple 20" guns hits like it is realistic in some way. By the way, in this update you will read that I updated the AI to design better ships, so even if you the player didn't use the exploit, the new AI would use it in some cases.

Maybe later, if I have the patience to edit 507 hulls, I will give -1,-2,-3 or -4 to each hull that have less tonnage in comparison with the biggest ship in the classe so every hull will feel unique and special to all the players that have problems with standardized values.

But for now I am really tired of trying to improve this game specially knowing what the new beta UAD represents to all us modders so I am going to take a few weeks break from modding. Anyone that doesn't like anything, don't forget that all the mod files are in csv format. Very easy to open and edit/change what you don't like.

• Like 4