Game-Labs Forum

Saving the game

i64man

Good morning/evening....I wanted to start a new campaign and have a question regarding saving. So, please accept my apologies if this question has been asked before and kindly point me to the correct threat.

1. If you start a new campaign, can you save your progress if for example you are still designing your own ships? If you have to leave prior to actually starting the first turn?

2. Can you designed your ship prior to the campaign start and import them into the campaign you are choosing?

3. Could it be possible to start a campaign say 1930 and carry over to 1940?

Thanks for the answers.

2 hours ago, i64man said:

1. If you start a new campaign, can you save your progress if for example you are still designing your own ships? If you have to leave prior to actually starting the first turn?

Yes, you can. You can also have multiple "campaigns" if you dare touch the correct files (C:/Users/Username/Appdata/LocalLow/GameLabs/Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts/)

The active save is save_0.json

#2 and #3? No. Tech is partially random, so it could happen your engines are not unlocked in the campaign. There probably is a way by messing with the save files, but I'm not gonna try that since a lot of the save-edit stuff bricks the save (Shipyard size, hello)