Game-Labs Forum

Chances for the next campaign to be WW1-WW2 based?

SPANISH_AVENGER

First of all, I love the concept of campaigns!

But, to be honest, I don’t really like 1890s; they are so reliant on torpedos, it feels like it makes anything else irrelevant, specially battleships!

The main ship class nations spam are torpedo boats, and if you don’t do the same, you lose the war and can’t have battles; if you try to have a battleship or armored or heavy cruiser duel, you can’t do it either because accuracy is so horrible on these primitive ships that they will miss each other 90% of the times even as close as 200m away… a distance at which even battleships will spam torpedos at you!

So you can’t fight from afar ( by “afar” I mean beyond 800m) because you can spend 15 minutes at x3 speed trying to land a single hit, but if you get closer than that, you get spammed with torpedos.

So… if there’s any other campaign in the works, I think it would be cool if it could be a WW1 or WW2 based one, where battleships and gunfights may actually be relevant! ^^

Campaigns are available for all five nations starting in the 1940s. You just have to unlock later campaigns. Of course, there are multiple ways to do this.

The 'intended' way is to win the previous campaign for that nation to unlock one ten years later.

Otherwise, if you're proficient with CE, you can hyper-inflate your VP and win the campaign in 6 months when the game checks that.

Otherwise, you can do a file edit in userdir\AppData\LocalLow\GameLabs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\campaign_p.json . This can be opened as a txt file with Notepad or Notepad++ (preferred). Replace the text within with:

{"Progress":[{"Key":"germany","Value":[0,1,2,3,4,5]},{"Key":"britain","Value":[0,1,2,3,4,5]},{"Key":"italy","Value":[0,1,2,3,4,5]},{"Key":"france","Value":[0,1,2,3,4,5]},{"Key":"austria","Value":[0,1,2,3,4,5]}]}

Enjoy your WWI and WWII campaigns.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AurumCorvus said:

Campaigns are available for all five nations starting in the 1940s. You just have to unlock later campaigns. Of course, there are multiple ways to do this.

The 'intended' way is to win the previous campaign for that nation to unlock one ten years later.

Otherwise, if you're proficient with CE, you can hyper-inflate your VP and win the campaign in 6 months when the game checks that.

Otherwise, you can do a file edit in userdir\AppData\LocalLow\GameLabs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\campaign_p.json . This can be opened as a txt file with Notepad or Notepad++ (preferred). Replace the text within with:

{"Progress":[{"Key":"germany","Value":[0,1,2,3,4,5]},{"Key":"britain","Value":[0,1,2,3,4,5]},{"Key":"italy","Value":[0,1,2,3,4,5]},{"Key":"france","Value":[0,1,2,3,4,5]},{"Key":"austria","Value":[0,1,2,3,4,5]}]}

Enjoy your WWI and WWII campaigns.

Oh!!!!!!

Well, thank you for the intel, I'll try that out tomorrow!