Game-Labs Forum

1.03 ship collision avoidance

outerexodus

PLEASE let us turn this off... Even in 1.03 ships literally turn stupid if they're close to each other and you even tell them to turn AWAY from each other... It's like instead of collision avoidance it's collision magnetism, they just decide to go straight even if it actually causes a collision instead of avoids it. Would love a toggle on/off for this like the torpedo avoidance toggle, or remove it altogether since I'm going to control my ships anyways. Fun talk! Otherwise, 1.03 has been great! Stream chat loved it!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, UnleashtheKraken said:

Wholeheartedly agree that collision avoidance needs serious work still.

As a workaround, use the manual rudder control, it overrides collision avoidance and you can manually steer the ships out of the problem.

Yep, just REALLY annoying, especially during say a DD ambush to try and stay on top of it... Shouldn't have to be a thing.

What I also noticed is that avoiding friendly ships seems to have a higher priority than avoiding enemy ships.

So when my BB was between it's screening DD and an enemy BB, it turned to a course that would have sent it colliding into the enemy, if I hadn't overridden it with manual rudder control.

Great idea. Instead of just staying parallel to the DD or crashing into your own ship which does not cause damage, go ramming the enemy ship which will cause damage instead...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

What I also noticed is that avoiding friendly ships seems to have a higher priority than avoiding enemy ships.

So when my BB was between it's screening DD and an enemy BB, it turned to a course that would have sent it colliding into the enemy, if I hadn't overridden it with manual rudder control.

Great idea. Instead of just staying parallel to the DD or crashing into your own ship which does not cause damage, go ramming the enemy ship which will cause damage instead...

Frankly the lack of damage from 'friendly' rams is a telltale as to how the state of collision avoidance is going.

• Like 1